• ...and so much more!
  • Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Help please, I have many hundreds of lead 32 wadcutter bullets (soldmyWalther GSP) and would like to load them into 38 special brass for use with my Ruger blackhawk. Does anyone know of a source for sabots?
    ARJ Defense ad

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I believe these are made out of unobtaneum. Took me years to find them. Poster might do better with a lead melting pot and a mold.
    I have 500 to 700ish cast lubed 32 wadcutter bullets now. guess I could melt them in my pot and recast as 25-20 and 32-20 and 50 ball. but I have all the ammo I will likely shoot in those calibers, I was concerned about accuracy anyway...thanks guys for bitch slapping me back into reality ;)

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Look on YouTube, Ron Spomer Outdoors, he has a video going on sabots in rifle cartridges getting really high velocities.

He mentioned the name of a company that makes sabots. Might be what you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HoustonDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2021
    Texas
    Quick search says actual diameter of .32 is actually .336. So to a .357 bore you are talking a difference of .021. If you are double wrapping, you will need about .005" thick paper wrapped twice. That is #28 pound bond paper which you can even buy on Amazon. Please don't think I have tried it, I just did the math.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    I had a bunch of 32 cal cast (32-20) bullets that had been given to me. I didn't have anything 32 at that time. I simply ran them through my 30 cal sizer and loaded them in 30 Carbine. Years ago my grandfather had a Win 1907 in 351 SL. He had a 30 cal sleeve put in it and chambered in 30 carbine. I shoot the cast in it. I can't remember the weight of those bullets but if you shoot 30 cal they'd make great plinkers...

Alan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    As I think about it, the issue I had with that particular rifle was that with other than factory ammo (I don't buy any more factory ammo than I have to), .308 bullets (110 gr) regardless of make or material, would stick in the rifling. The throat must have been very short. If I loaded a round and fired it, no problem. If I loaded one and ejected it, it made a big mess with powder everywhere and a bullet stuck in the barrel. If I set them back the case was beyond the ogive and I'd get setback in the magazine (or in the ammo box). The 32-20 bullets had a different ogive and would not stick in the rifling.

I need to get that old rifle out and run a few rounds through it sometime...

Alan

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Quick search says actual diameter of .32 is actually .336. So to a .357 bore you are talking a difference of .021. If you are double wrapping, you will need about .005" thick paper wrapped twice. That is #28 pound bond paper which you can even buy on Amazon. Please don't think I have tried it, I just did the math.
    I will try a few, I was looking for sub sonic and low decibel ,so maybe the paper will impart some spin!?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Luna2020
    Top Bottom