• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrRobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Matrix, TX
    Hello all,

I wanted to get some feedback on some brass that I purchase. I came across some PMC 308 WIN brass that was a good deal. I want to say 95% of the brass was good but ran into some that I question.

Below are some pictures of the only brass I found with issue. Should I be worried or would I be able to use it. Haven't seen this before since I started to reload for 223.

I'm about to start reloading for 308 for the first time.

The first picture you will notice in the middle of the brass there's a line around it. The 2nd and 3rd on the shoulder you will notice some lines as well..
    Just want to make sure since this is a bigger load. Don't feel like getting hurt or something.

Any feedback would be great.

Thank you,
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• 308a.jpg
      308a.jpg
      147 KB · Views: 50
    • 308b.jpg
      308b.jpg
      146.7 KB · Views: 51
    • 308c.JPG
      308c.JPG
      102.2 KB · Views: 47

TexaSOT

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2023
    Arlington, Tx
    I don't know enough about reloading to be of help, sorry. But I think you're right to question it, something looks off. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can provide some more insight. Do you know if it's ever been reloaded before? or is this fired once factory loads?

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Looks like what ever rifle it was shot from had a really messed up chamber.
    Brass of any kind will take the shape of the chamber it was fired in.
    People who are serious about long range accuracy will not resize their fired brass full length, they will only do the neck, that way each case will perfectly fit their chamber, every time.

Will that be OK?
    No idea.
    Try 10 rounds, and see.

Don't forget to anneal it first, because brass work hardens, and is more likely fail if left hard.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    The cases with the lines in the shoulder were fired in a screwed-up chamber.
    The one with the ring in the middle of the case indicate incipient case separation.

Are these range pickups or did you buy brass from an individual? Either way, I would not fire them.

MrRobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Matrix, TX
    Happy late Thanksgiving...

thank you for the feedback. Since I just started reloading 1yr ago I didnt know that PMC brass was not good. i will have to contact the vendor and let them know.

This was 1 time fired brass. Is there a list of which brass are good that I can take a look at and maybe stay away from?

thank you guys again for the help.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    PMC is not bad brass. Those look like somebody screwed up sizing them, not fired in a bad chamber. If I knew where Matrix Texas was I could sell you a bunch of LC 07 MG fired 308W brass ONCE fired, good stuff I've been shooting for yrs.

Top Bottom