• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    What if any effect do 30.05 signs have on CHL holders. I have started to see them popping up around town.

None. But you gotta watch out for those 30.06 ones ;)

If the signs meet the criteria they are enforceable and you have to steer clear. What locations have you seen them? Any questionable ones?

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    download (7).jpg

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

Not a legal 30.06 notice. You're clear on the 'concealed is concealed'.

Here is the statute: PENAL CODEÂ*Â*CHAPTER 30. BURGLARY AND CRIMINAL TRESPASS

Sec. 30.06. TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUN. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder:
    (1) carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, on property of another without effective consent; and
    (2) received notice that:
    (A) entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden; or
    (B) remaining on the property with a concealed handgun was forbidden and failed to depart.
    (b) For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication.
    (c) In this section:
    (1) "Entry" has the meaning assigned by Section 30.05(b).
    (2) "License holder" has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035(f).
    (3) "Written communication" means:
    (A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"; or
    (B) a sign posted on the property that:
    (i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
    (ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
    (iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
    (d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
    (e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Just read 30.05 and saw this:
    (f) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that:
    (1) the basis on which entry on the property or land or
    in the building was forbidden is that entry with a handgun was
    forbidden; and
    (2) the person was carrying a concealed handgun and a
    license issued under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, to
    carry a concealed handgun of the same category the person was
    carrying.

So that answers my question.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I havent seen any down here in my neck of the woods, nor have I ever seen a 30.06 sign. Yea, I look hard for them, sort of like a game now

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    As did mine. Used to very rarely see them but as the Sarge mentioned they're starting to pop up in more and more places.

seems like a good way to please the ANTIs while not stepping on the CHL holders toes. i never seen an 30.05 sign and had to read it a few times before i realized that CHL holders were allowed to carry on premises.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    We don't mention them because they are meaningless. At least I tell students that anything other than Sepcific 30.06 notice means nothing.

It might be a good idea to show a slide of the 30.05 language though and point out that while it can be misleading, it is meaningless to a CHL holder. If these signs are becoming more popular, sounds like a good topic to at least brush over.

Top Bottom