• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I returned last night to my property that has a large petroleum well pad and waited for hogs to show up. I arrived early and did a brief pedestrian survey of to locate new sign and found where the hogs had been rubbing on a telephone/power pole and then some normal rooting spots and random droppings. The tracks under the rubbing on the pole included both hog and cattle and were a few days old, but it seemed like a good spot to set up and watch for hogs. Turns out, it was a terrific spot.

While waiting on hogs, I had been using both my thermal scanner and new SiOnyx Aurora IR Night Vision camera as handhelds passing the time. So when I spied the hogs trotting in with my thermal, I hastily attached the SiOnyx Aurora to my rifle and started my brief stalk, emphasis on "hastily." Well, this is a field test, after all...

First hog, DRT. Second hog was spined and dropped with a shot through the neck that was mortal, but she later got a follow-up shot because she was moving too much. Hog 3 was clipped on the run and then finally barrel rolled with a shot that passed through the brow of the skull as she ran.

Texas SOT

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    All,

DNS’s videos are a primer on how to kill pigs. It is not “hunting” in the sense of waiting for the perfect shot but putting shots in pigs until they go down, and following up with any that are still moving with more shots.

Good work DNS. Keep it up and keep posting videos.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    All,

DNS’s videos are a primer on how to kill pigs. It is not “hunting” in the sense of waiting for the perfect shot but putting shots in pigs until they go down, and following up with any that are still moving with more shots.

Good work DNS. Keep it up and keep posting videos.

Reminds me of strafing runs after dropping JDAMs on the bad guys.

Top Bottom