Hurley's Gold

3 Alarm Fire at DFW Gun Club

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just came across the radio. No idea what caused it yet but as soon as I get more info I'll update.
DK Firearms

just jk

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is this the one on Mockingbird? if so - this doesnt surprise me

they had part of their roof cave in a couple of years ago and frankly the facility is a dump

good people there, but it's a small facility and super crowded - in a meh part of town

Medic218

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its at 4 alarms right now.
Road closures in the 1600 blk of Mockingbird Ln.

482246_542084932479040_1026647566_n_zps7c13d637.jpg

318286_542075715813295_1787642537_n_zps9edc7d39.jpg

hkusp1

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are supposed to be building a huge range in McKinney wonder if its linked in anyway, I heard they were losing there ass on the new range.

Sent from my toaster using secret alien technology.

Shorts

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Dang, one less range. Been a while since I been there. DF/rescue guy Jason Evans was interviewed just now and says tracer rounds were fired and ignited the rubber in the backstops/bullet catch.

Anyone wanna bet it was a newb AR owner who couldn't find any ammo to plink with and tracers was all s/he could find?? Doh!

Feel sorry for the folks in class or who had to leave their firearms in there when they evacuated.

BoydS

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just caught that on the news here in Houston. No mention of tracer rounds on the news I just watched. Maybe I have wrong info, but isn't the longest shooting distance there 25 yards..? If so, I wouldn't think a tracer round would ignite in that short of distance..

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is this the one on Mockingbird? if so - this doesnt surprise me

they had part of their roof cave in a couple of years ago and frankly the facility is a dump

good people there, but it's a small facility and super crowded - in a meh part of town
If was 6 years ago and due to improper design under the ownership of the man before Jim took over early in the 2000s.

And how does a person firing a tracer make it their fault?