• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Since January I've lost 25 lbs. From 375 to 350. Considering that I'm damn near immobile I think that's pretty damn good.

My goal is to get under 300, ideally I'd like to lose another 100 but I don't know if that's actually possible.
    Try one of the drugs like victoza.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Since January I've lost 25 lbs. From 375 to 350. Considering that I'm damn near immobile I think that's pretty damn good.

My goal is to get under 300, ideally I'd like to lose another 100 but I don't know if that's actually possible.
    You have shown resolve. Getting under 300 is no hill for a climber. Marines are climbers! Stay with it. Your an inspiration.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I got up to 350 plus once. Was close to immobile. It took a while and several surgeries but I didn't give up and eventually my body git to a place where it was responding.

The secret for me was that I could do about 15 to 30 min of activity a day because of pain. I decided to use that whole time for walking. That and the meds and eventually I got down to a Normal weight. About 205 and off all my diabetic meds except victoza. The weight loss is slow but it was steady.

Keep it up.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Set two goals for yourself; one short-term & the other long term.

Small successes add confidence to keep going.

I lost from 248 to 185, and am back on a program from U T trying to get rid of the last 25#, at age 80.

This is the 4th time in life I’ve had major weight losses. ’’Modification Programs’’ are better than ‘’diets’’ for long-term.

Good Luck !

<>

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    My doctor mention putting me on Ozempic. I was pretty disappointed in myself in only loose 11 pounds in 3 months. Then again I seen my doctor the 5 of July & had pigged out pretty good on the 4th.
    Eleven pounds in three months is danged good.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.

Excelent, any downward movement is an improvement, but 25# is great. Just keep doing what your doing. Thanksgiving and the holidays are always a chalange, but you have 4 months to go and you clearly have the will power workin for you.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest

Outstanding and congrats!

What's your method?

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Outstanding and congrats!

What's your method?

Basically I'm eating less.

Walking is out, just a trip around Walmart has me beat due to the pain.
    Standing is even worse. Just taking a shower puts me in the hurt locker all day.
    Arthritis in both shoulders.

What I really need is a therapy pool to walk around in. The VA has one that sits unused 85% of the time. But there are no open times where one can just exercise in the pool. Your doctor has to refer you and then it's 1-2 times a week for four weeks. During that time you only spend half of it walking. The rest is stretching and stuff.

I need something I can hit 3-5 times a week for an hour or two a day. But I've found nothing available around here. There's a place down in Gun Barrel city, but even then, it's only available for short amounts of time during the week, and it's 40 minutes each way.

Top Bottom