• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I hitch hiked to Arizona back in the '70's one time. Hicking back home I slept under a pick nick table coming home. I woke up in the morning the whole underside of the table was covered in scorpions, must have been a thousand. I wiggled out from under there and never did that crap again.

That sounds heart attack inducing, almost as bad as waking up surrounded by rattlesnakes.

I've got a friend in Phoenix that tells me the scoripons are terrible there, especially in his neighborhood. That and rattlesnakes.
    Guns International

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Its not a snake, but its not a welcome visitor either. My wife was moving this tote out of our bathroom earlier and this scorpion was in the bottom of the empty tote. Not sure how it got there (where it came in the house from) but it was certainly not welcome. And honestly, I dunno how it got in the tote - as I was carrying the tote outside to release it, instead of smooshing it, it could not climb up the plastic wall of the tote. Where did it come from? 10 feet from our bed. Now I'll be shaking my damn shoes out at least for a while out of an abundance of caution. View attachment 447496 View attachment 447497 View attachment 447498
    We have lots of scorpions around our place. Probably kill several dozen a year.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    IMG_5243.jpeg
    IMG_5242.jpeg

Had this little guy mad at me for stepping on him. I held him there until the cats moved away, then let him go. He was MAD, kept trying to bite my boot. :laughing:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    View attachment 448197 View attachment 448198
    Had this little guy mad at me for stepping on him. I held him there until the cats moved away, then let him go. He was MAD, kept trying to bite my boot. :laughing:
    Good on you for letting him go. You should scrub that boot with some kind of detergent that breaks down enzymes where he was biting on it. Wear nitrile gloves.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Good on you for letting him go. You should scrub that boot with some kind of detergent that breaks down enzymes where he was biting on it. Wear nitrile gloves.
    That was a couple weeks ago, hopefully they’re good now.

I don’t think he got his teeth anywhere near the leather though, his head was probably half the size of your pinky fingernail, it was a little bitty one.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    That was a couple weeks ago, hopefully they’re good now.

I don’t think he got his teeth anywhere near the leather though, his head was probably half the size of your pinky fingernail, it was a little bitty one.
    Their fangs are pretty far forward.
    1713920383393.jpeg

Probably wouldn’t hurt to do a quick scrub with some Dawn detergent. Would suck to get secondary envenomation from brushing a scratched hand on it;)

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So I use one nesting box to stuff trash into. I changed out my pine chips a while ago and had all the TS bags stuffed in a nest box the hens never use. I have a hen that decided to be broody and was going to try and get her to stop so I moved her out of the box and moved all the trash into the one she was using. When pushing on the Pine shaving bag I felt a strange soft "log" in it and my first thought was what the hell. I pushed it into the box and this fellow came out to say hi. and crawled back into the junk. At 4am I did not much care what he was I was not going to mess with him and hope he eats a rat or 2 along with stealing eggs ? He did not seem aggressive. I am not a Snek person. Should I be worried lol.

I am guessing rat snek

PXL_20240425_090830598.jpg
    PXL_20240425_090825688.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom