• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kbone70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2022
    Prosper
    I figured I would go ahead and fire up a 2024 thread for cycling. Not bad for just getting going AND of course the view wasnt bad!

File (1).jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Managed 12 this afternoon. First of the year.

The front blew me home this afternoon in DFW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ve set a goal for outdoor miles this year; first time I’ve ever done that. Hit a personal best for max watts in my indoor workout this past Thursday.

The past year or so is the first time I’ve worked with a cycling coach and it made a world of difference for me, so I’ll continue working with him this year.

May be the year of a new to me road bike, too. I’ve got feelers out for a trade in on last year’s Cervelo Caledonia 5 Dura Ace. It’s a big investment but will likely be the last dedicated roadie I buy and I’ve hit the limits of what can be done with a frame that can handle an 8-or 9-speed cassette.

Kbone70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2022
    Prosper
    I’ve set a goal for outdoor miles this year; first time I’ve ever done that. Hit a personal best for max watts in my indoor workout this past Thursday.

The past year or so is the first time I’ve worked with a cycling coach and it made a world of difference for me, so I’ll continue working with him this year.

May be the year of a new to me road bike, too. I’ve got feelers out for a trade in on last year’s Cervelo Caledonia 5 Dura Ace. It’s a big investment but will likely be the last dedicated roadie I buy and I’ve hit the limits of what can be done with a frame that can handle an 8-or 9-speed cassette.
    Its amazing how pricey bikes have become!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    What is the coldest weather you have ridden in?

21 degrees with a north wind blasting (don't want to know what the wind chill was) is the coldest weather in which I have completed a ride.

Started out one day when it was 18 and northerly gusts of 20-30 mph. Yeah. Did not finish that ride. Could not feel my ears, nose or face before one lap was even done.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Somewhere in the upper 20s. I don’t particularly care for it any longer and generally don’t ride outside when it’s much below 50 unless it’s dead calm, clear and sunny conditions.

Most of December thru February I’m inside, cranking volume on the trainer.
    6824f9bab0ec21840ca694f4eaa6e900.jpg

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014

21 degrees with a north wind blasting (don't want to know what the wind chill was) is the coldest weather in which I have completed a ride.

Started out one day when it was 18 and northerly gusts of 20-30 mph. Yeah. Did not finish that ride. Could not feel my ears, nose or face before one lap was even done.

Did some mtn biking around 32 before. It was not to bad as you are typically sheltered and moving slower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy

I've ridden in 32° my first year back on a bike, 2016. Now not below 55°, and hopefully not too windy.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Low 20s way under-dressed while commuting the 11 mi to class in college.

I was riding 300mi a week those days...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Did a non-ride today.

I ran trails with my seven year-old riding his mtb to meet my wife and other two kids for dinner.

Hadn't really run since November or December, partially because I had pneumonia for about 6 weeks while arguing with doctors to get it treated right (took a CT to see I still had it...)
    c282990e23adbbe085092bfefc0bce79.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Tried to ride yesterday. Went to the Oconee River Trail and about one mile in …..
    IMG_8230.jpeg
    trail was flooded. You would think the nature center( where the trail head is) would put a sign out. Thought is was just a few inches deep as I could see the pavement easily enough but about 50 yards into it I was up to my knees and the current was moving me sideways.

Top Bottom