• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Jack Hogan, who played PFC William G. Kirby on the 1960s television show Combat! passed away on 6 December age 94...

FB_IMG_1702430646514.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Colin Burgess, at 77.

Original drummer for AC/DC.

Burgess was fired in February 1974 for being drunk on stage; he later claimed someone had spiked his drink. He was replaced by a succession of drummers before Phil Rudd joined in February–March 1975.

Burgess was later part of Dead Singer Band, a tribute band performing around Australia in the Dead Singer Band 'Lost Legends Showcase' dedicated to Australian singers who have died.

I wonder if they did tributes to Bon Scott?!?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    US Air Force legend Robert “Bob” Pardo, known for his selfless action known as “Pardo’s Push” during the Vietnam War, has died Dec. 5 in College Station, Texas.

He was 89.

image.png.cae9f8f45d97eb9ea9c84240a2670c16.png

https://nypost.com/2023/12/17/news/...o-famous-for-pardos-push-maneuver-dead-at-89/

From the Museum of the American GI in College Station...

Lt Colonel John Robert “Bob” Pardo. On December 5, 2023, the museum lost a friend and a hero. He lived an extraordinary and full life. His family is in our thoughts and prayers. It is our privilege and honor to tell the story of Pardo’s Push and honor his memory through a display at the museum.

Bob served in the United States Air Force for 20 years. During his distinguished career, he received the Silver Star, Purple Heart, the Distinguished Flying Cross, and numerous other decorations.

He earned his wings on May 15th at Bryan Air Force Base. On his birthday, March 10, 1967, Pardo and his squadron were tasked with bombing the only North Vietnamese steel factory. The squadron came under heavy fire, and Captain Earl Arman’s plane “got hit before rolling in, and got hit again as he was in his dive-bomb run.”

Pardo was also hit, and both planes lost significant amounts of fuel. Arman reported that he only “had 500 pounds, and he might not even make it out of North Vietnam.” Climbing to 30,000 to glide as far as possible, Pardo pulled up behind Arman to see how he could help them make it out of enemy territory.

Pardo noticed the plane’s tailhook, which aids planes in landing. “I had him put the hook down, and I put it on my windshield, which is the only flat part on the front end of that airplane… and started pushing.”

With only 500 pounds of fuel, Arman descended at 3,000 feet per minute. “And all of a sudden, it was only 1,500 feet per minute, and I thought, ‘We’ve doubled his glide distance.’ Well, we did a little better than that because we’d actually pushed him 88 miles."

Making it into Laotian airspace, Pardo told Arman and his Weapons System Officer, 1st Lt. Bob Houghton, to eject. Ninety seconds later, Pardo ran out of fuel, and ejected with his Weapons System Officer, 1st Lt. Steve Wayne. Unbeknownst to him, Pardo broke his back upon landing. “Within an hour all four of us had been rescued by the Jolly Green Giants, the great big helicopters they had over there.”

To learn more about Lt Col. Pardo, we invite you to visit the museum to see his exhibit.

#americanhero #airforcelegend

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Shitty way to die.

Not a big fan of the group from a personal standpoint - I liked their music just fine, but their bullshit railing against the US (they can criticize George Bush and Dick Cheney all they want) was a step too far and I stopped listening to their stuff. This lady left the band before they even hit it big - I recall the Dixie Chicks really taking off in the late 90's / early 2000's, and their career starting to drop after badmouthing the US during Gulf War 2.0.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Shitty way to die.

Not a big fan of the group from a personal standpoint - I liked their music just fine, but their bullshit railing against the US (they can criticize George Bush and Dick Cheney all they want) was a step too far and I stopped listening to their stuff. This lady left the band before they even hit it big - I recall the Dixie Chicks really taking off in the late 90's / early 2000's, and their career starting to drop after badmouthing the US during Gulf War 2.0.

Yeah, it's not as if I know the names of the members, but I'm pretty sure from the timeline she's a pre-success member. I feel bad for her family losing her during the holidays. That's all, though. Whatever her beliefs or attitudes may have been (and I have no idea), she's at peace now.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Yeah, it's not as if I know the names of the members, but I'm pretty sure from the timeline she's a pre-success member. I feel bad for her family losing her during the holidays. That's all, though. Whatever her beliefs or attitudes may have been (and I have no idea), she's at peace now.

Yeah, I could maybe tell you faces circa 2002-3, but since I stopped listening to them, I don't keep up with them. Reading the article, it says the lady left in 1993 - I don't recall a Dixie Chicks song blowing up on the radio until around 1998?

Top Bottom