• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    My life feels incomplete without a panda Trueno in it.
    Do it! Always wanted one of these, too... The sad thing is it's impossible to find an unmolested one. They've all been farkeled up by some punk that wanted to "drift", and people want 2x too much for them.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Anyone know if a VG30DETT engine from a 300ZX will actually fit in a AE86? That would be insane.

It would suck ... you'd take the one redeeming value from that car and ruin it.

I have alot of experience with Z32s, if you got any questions feel free to ask. I ate, slept, breathed, and lived Nissans for years. I used to work at SPL Parts in Austin, www.splparts.com. Kuah is an excellent source of info as well, his green Z32 was a pretty quick machine.

If you need suspension, look to no other than SPL ... Kuah has tested, designed, and improved his product and stands behind it 100%. He's the kind of guy that may be kinda rough socially, but he really cares about his business and his name, and because of that he doesn't sell bullshit. It's worth the extra money, trust me. I've seen enough broken stuff and heard all the stories from people. I ran SPL suspension on my S13 (in fact, I had no rubber components in the suspension).

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Anyone know if a VG30DETT engine from a 300ZX will actually fit in a AE86? That would be insane.
    You can make anything fit, but engine swaps are a huge pain in the ass. Especially when you go outside the family for the transplant. Changing such a big part as the engine can dramatically effect the balance of the car, too. Usually not for the better...

If you want to do it for just shits n giggles, then sure why not

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Why would it ruin the car? Seems like it would be a nice big horsepower and torque boost for an AE86 going from a 4A-GE engine to a VG30DETT. Plus twin turbo on a much lighter car than the Z32.

Something about adding 400 lbs. more shit to a lightweight car and about 300 lbs. of that is in the front. Can you say, understeer?

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Something about adding 400 lbs. more shit to a lightweight car and about 300 lbs. of that is in the front. Can you say, understeer?

That VG30DETT weighs that much more than the 4A-GE? Where can you look up the numbers?

Could balance it out by putting a giant sound system in the back.

Top Bottom