Capitol Armory ad

WTB 1911-style .45ACP and/or "all metal" 9x19mm pistol wanted.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

My GOOD friend, "PDG John" wants to buy a GOOD/USED 1911- style or another "NOT plastic" full-size pistol in .45ACP or 9mm. - He might buy 2 handguns, if they are offered to him for sale.

IF you have one/two for sale at a decent price, email me at: texasnative46@gmail.com with photos/cash price & I'll get the 2 of you "face to face" for the sale.

yours, satx
    San Antonio 78208
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    1911's? Yep. Have 'em.

Selling them? Naw....

Glad to see your friend has good taste.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    oldag,

CHUCKLE.
    I think that I've found him a Turkish-made clone of the 1911 BUT am still looking.

yours, satx

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    How about something like this?

SW_1911_9mm_NoSN.jpg

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    The Tisas aren’t bad 1911’s. Great price for sure. And I’ve got an ATI bare bones military style 1911 that I love to shoot. Got it for about $300 at a Black Friday sale. Learned about how a 1911 works by taking it apart a few times. Figured if I couldn’t screen it up too bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Friends,

My GOOD friend, "PDG John" wants to buy a GOOD/USED 1911- style or another "NOT plastic" full-size pistol in .45ACP or 9mm. - He might buy 2 handguns, if they are offered to him for sale.

IF you have one/two for sale at a decent price, email me at: texasnative46@gmail.com with photos/cash price & I'll get the 2 of you "face to face" for the sale.

yours, satx
    San Antonio 78208
    Email sent

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    The Tisas aren’t bad 1911’s. Great price for sure. And I’ve got an ATI bare bones military style 1911 that I love to shoot. Got it for about $300 at a Black Friday sale. Learned about how a 1911 works by taking it apart a few times. Figured if I couldn’t screen it up too bad!

CodyK,

Inasmuch as my Tisas ZIGANA K is SO well made, I'm hoping (after a conversation with one of the sales reps) that TISAS is going to "bring in" their 1911 "Duty" 1911 in .38SUPER, as the place where we are retiring OCONUS prohibit 9x19mm, .45ACP & several other "common handgun calibers" as "weapons of war".
    (Tisas is already selling the .38Super 1911 Duty, OCONUS.)

BTW, I recently talked to one of the National Police Captains & "Raoul" said that IF I send him 2 passport photos of each of us that our carry permits will await our arrival there.
    (8 nations in Latin America, 4 in Europe & 3 in Asia are trying HARD to get retired military/LEO to retire to their nation. = It's NICE to have the nations competing for which one will give the most "goodies" to get us to retire to their country.)

ODDLY, given our history with them, the VIETNAMESE government (right now) has "the best deal" for retirees., including a PERMANENT ban "in writing" on any retiree over 65 paying any taxes, IMMEDIATE lifetime visas to live/work there, 25% discounts on restaurant food, half-price entertainment throughout the country, discounted air, bus, boat & rail tickets for the whole family, 1% simple interest loans to buy beach property/farms/houses, low (2-4%) interest loans to buy boats & a host of other "goodies".
    (I suspect that the other 14 "candidates" will SOON match the goodies for retirees that Vietnam is giving out.)

yours, satx

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    CodyK,

Inasmuch as my Tisas ZIGANA K is SO well made, I'm hoping (after a conversation with one of the sales reps) that TISAS is going to "bring in" their 1911 "Duty" 1911 in .38SUPER, as the place where we are retiring OCONUS prohibit 9x19mm, .45ACP & several other "common handgun calibers" as "weapons of war".
    (Tisas is already selling the .38Super 1911 Duty, OCONUS.)

BTW, I recently talked to one of the National Police Captains & "Raoul" said that IF I send him 2 passport photos of each of us that our carry permits will await our arrival there.
    (8 nations in Latin America, 4 in Europe & 3 in Asia are trying HARD to get retired military/LEO to retire to their nation. = It's NICE to have the nations competing for which one will give the most "goodies" to get us to retire to their country.)

ODDLY, given our history with them, the VIETNAMESE government (right now) has "the best deal" for retirees., including a PERMANENT ban "in writing" on any retiree over 65 paying any taxes, IMMEDIATE lifetime visas to live/work there, 25% discounts on restaurant food, half-price entertainment throughout the country, discounted air, bus, boat & rail tickets for the whole family, 1% simple interest loans to buy beach property/farms/houses, low (2-4%) interest loans to buy boats & a host of other "goodies".
    (I suspect that the other 14 "candidates" will SOON match the goodies for retirees that Vietnam is giving out.)

yours, satx

A guy I worked with who just retired was telling me that him and his wife are getting ready to move overseas on a similar deal. They went and visited one place, and the pics were beautiful, and the cost of living has allowed him to retire several years early also!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    A guy I worked with who just retired was telling me that him and his wife are getting ready to move overseas on a similar deal. They went and visited one place, and the pics were beautiful, and the cost of living has allowed him to retire several years early also!

CodyK,

In each of the 15 nations that we are looking at as "candidates", 2500.ooUSD per month will "provide an upper middle class lifestyle" for a couple.
    (In our case it is a bit more complicated, as I have an adopted <2YO son, Nathan Paul, to consider in choosing a place to retire abroad. - It won't be long until he will be old enough for pre-school & we will need to find a good school for his primary education.)

yours, satx

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    CodyK,

In each of the 15 nations that we are looking at as "candidates", 2500.ooUSD per month will "provide an upper middle class lifestyle" for a couple.
    (In our case it is a bit more complicated, as I have an adopted <2YO son, Nathan Paul, to consider in choosing a place to retire abroad. - It won't be long until he will be old enough for pre-school & we will need to find a good school for his primary education.)

yours, satx
    What are your 15? My gf and I are looking ahead and wanting to retire early. She would like to retire today lol. I'm hoping to build up the nest egg for a few more years. She wants to retire on the beach somewhere.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    What are your 15? My gf and I are looking ahead and wanting to retire early. She would like to retire today lol. I'm hoping to build up the nest egg for a few more years. She wants to retire on the beach somewhere.

innominate,

NOT at all MY 15 but rather the 15 of the American Expatriot Assn.
    In no particular order:
    1. Brazil,
    2. Malaysia,
    3. Belize,
    4. Vietnam,
    5. Malta,
    6. Crete/Greece,
    7. Croatia,
    8. Ecuador,
    9. Mexico,
    10. Costa Rica,
    11. Ireland,
    12. Spain,
    13. Italy,
    14. Dominican Republic
    and
    15. Laos.

Personally, we are considering Portugal, Italy, the seacoast of Croatia, the southern cone of Costa Rica & Belize, as we are both "about half fish", as Nathan Paul soon will be..

NOTE: Italy has any number of restorable homes for sale for the princely sum of ONE EURO & some of those properties are currently livable, some are historic properties (including formerly GREAT villas/castles), some have agricultural land included & some need MASSIVE restoration.
    (My lady, who "comes from wealth", is considering buying a restorable manor house AND the little coastal town that is nearby. - She wants to restore the manor house, gardens/vineyard & then restore each of the cottages/houses in the town & rent the houses out as "resort properties.")

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Since I don't recognize any of those places as being gun friendly let us know when the sale begins.

avvidclif,

Actually several of the nations ALLOW gun ownership & concealed carry for LEO & COMMISSIONED OFFICERS, whether AD or Retired.
    Additionally, I will give some away to my niece/nephew & store some others (the Weapons of War) with my "little brother" Ed.

Btw, Portugal allows Full-Auto weapons to be owned/used, with a permit (costs less than 10.ooUSD.) - Croatia allows "selective fire firearms" IF the local police commander says "OK".
    (In a LOT of foreign nations, it's WHO you know that counts. = In one Latin American nation where i once was, a "friendly" Major General of the National Police signed a "special permit" for me to possess a FA machine rifle. - In some other nations a request to a judge may well get you a permit that is not usually granted to the common folks. - As I said, these nations WANT & "do special favors for" retired US LEOs & retired US military personnel & their families to retire there. = Many foreign nations LIKE our USD & American retirees tend to hire a LOT of "local nationals" to work for them, which helps their economy & unemployment figures.)
    NOTE: My lady, once we are OCONUS & settled down, will hire a chef, housekeeper, nanny, maids, gardeners & perhaps a bodyguard. - I plan to hire a language teacher for the 2 of us.

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Is your friend interested in STI 2011s?

cajunautoxer,

I have NO idea. - I'll ask John tomorrow or Tuesday when I see him.
    (TRUTH is that I had to look on the www to find out what that is. = NEVER heard of one until just now. - As I've said, I'm "an expert" on NADA.)

yours, satx

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom