• ...and so much more!
  • RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    9mm 115 gr. RN - B

the reviews and everything i find on the interwebz looks good. this is target ammo and is reloads. they arent pretty, but 1000rd for $168 shipped (after i entered my shipping info) is cheap. too bad i dont have the $$

coupon expired, now full price, but still good stuff.
    Venture Surplus ad

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    if you are interested in going in on some let me know.

my ammo funds are going to JHPs and a few other things from CTD this month, as well as a possible gas vale replacement for the SKS and a muzzle brake. i did a quick check though, and you would only save $5 if we went halvsies on 1000rds. and thats delivered to your door.

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    Just spoke with then and ordered a few different things- 9mm (blem & standard), 223. 62gr SP & 223 55gr FMJ. I'll post a range report as soon as I can.

They also said they will be opening a retail location in Houston sometime in the next few months. If these prices hold that will be great.

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    My order came in last week. I got their 9mm boxed and bulk (blaster). Both function in my Glock fine. I did have 1 round in the 100 or so I shot that would not chamber. The case was deformed a bit. I have not shot for accuracy but I'm not that concerned for this stuff. I will be buying more of the blaster. They shoot just the same as the boxed loads but aren't as pretty (cleaned but not polished).

I also ordered some 55gr FMJ blaster and 62 soft point. Accuracy for both was about 1.5-1.75 MOA out of my 20" RRA which shoots sub MOA with hand loads. Chronograph data was as follows...

55 FMJ
    avg vel: 3003 fps
    ES:72
    DS:21

62 SP
    AV:2739
    ES:197
    SD:71

For comparison I also shot 10 round strings of 62 gr silver bear and 55 gr FMJ wolf

62 SP S.B.
    AV:2847
    ES:114
    SD:46

55 fmj wolf
    AV:2898
    ES:139
    DS:42

I will be buying more of the 55 gr blaster as it is more consistent, more accurate and faster than Wolf plus the brass can be reloaded again. I probably will not be buying more of the 62 gr as Silver Bear it is just as accurate, faster and cheaper than F.M.'s loadings. I primarily only use a 62 gr SP when hunting so brass recovery usually doesn't happen.

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    Pics of ammo

IMG_2670.jpg

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    The Houston store doesn't sound good to me. I can't go there to buy, so anything I got would have shipping and tax :(

Top Bottom