Texas SOT

1 Yr. Anniversary Meet - April 5th - Houston, TX (Vid on page 12)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Wow, I'm glad everyone is excited! This has been a long time in the making and it's great to finally see it all begin to almost come to fruition! Tentatively, Sig Sauer is going to give an Academy on Concealed Carry Techniques on Saturday, a 4 hour course, and a close quarters combat fighting class on Sunday, an 8 hour course. The instructors are some of the best the country has to offer. Their academy is currently being featured on American Guardian, if you get the outdoor channel check 'em out, it's very impressive. Spots are going to be $200 and $250, respectively. This is a great opportunity for anyone from beginner's to gunmen. Not to mention, see and shoot almost anything from the Sig lineup. E-mail jon.scott@sigsauer.com if you are interested in a " Chris from Sig" Custom Shop Gun Special, complete with personal consultation. His history as a Sig Armorer, noted pistol operator, past law enforcement experience, and product knowledge make him a great source if you are looking for your perfect, always reliable gun for any application. There will also be IDPA type shooting and instruction from Gary Burriss. He will also be introducing a great new product to organize your gun safe. Simple and makes life much easier. Joining Gary will be Dale Hunnicutt with grip reductions, palm swells and duracoat. Man I hope his shoulder feels good enough to shoot! Heck, I thought this was going to be a one day event, but we just might have to shoot for two whole days guys and gals! A laser simulator complete with Glock clones and a Shotgun will be going upstairs. Real, interactive, video scenarios are projected and you have to use anything from verbal commands to your gun to quell different situations. The simulator also allows for many different draw and shoot competitions and varmint huntin'! Next, show your support for the 2nd Amendment at the 2A Tattoo chair. Nothing says devotion to your cause like permanent ink!There is much more planned that we are still working on, we will update as we find out! If you have any ideas for the event, feel free to submit them. Also, current and former soldiers that bring a picture of themselves with a brief description of who, what and where, to hang on our "Support Our Troops" wall will get half off of their day pass (day pass does not include Sig Academy). Come on guys, let's fill up that whole damn wall!!!
    Hurley's Gold

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Without the instructor fees - if we just want to come and shott and meet everyone - what is the cost?

AFAIK, nothing. ;) Maybe Jeff or Ngoc can confirm but, AFAIK you only have to pay the fee for the whole day pass (range fee basically) if you are only going to do normal range stuff and the IDPA style "competition". The $200-250 fee that was mentioned is specifically for the Sig Sauer concealed carry techniques class.

Jeff or Ngoc, would you guys mind posting up the price for the all day pass/range fee/whatever it's called? I always forget the cost. ;)

I talked to Rabbit at STI today, and unfortunately STI isn't going to be able to make it out to this one guys. Considering how great the last few events were with them in attendance, they definitely will be missed this time around. ;) Hopefully we can setup another big event before too long that won't conflict with their schedules as I can't wait to get my hands on some STI's again. ;)

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Sorry

Ordinarily, I'd be willing to attempt this (I live in Dallas) but that is Palm Sunday and there is no way I can be out of town that day (choir commitments). Also, the day before I will be in Phoenix, AZ attending the wedding of my oldest (of 2) nephews. (And yes, it will be hectic getting back to Dallas for the next day.)

flashguy

roy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Sounds great.

Sounds like a good time, a shame it conflicts with the Hi Caliber Gunshow
    at the George R. Brown Convention Center where I already have paid for 2
    tables...........If you are in town for the event, stop by the show and visit.
    I will have a red, blue, and gold flag and a Gadson "Rattlesnake" flag on an 11 foot pole above the tables....

Top Bottom