• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    But to calm things down, FWIW, I'm thinking of supplementing my hi dollar aids with a pair of OTC as backup, for those times when the hi $ aid is in the shop getting repaired (not very reliable IMHO).
    Capitol Armory ad

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    <>

Please give us basic details of just how it works. I’m completely unfamiliar with this.

<>
    I'm going to assume y'all have a working knowledge of Bluetooth paired devices, so I'll skip that.
    So, in a nutshell, once the hearing aids are on and the app is open, you have the volume control and a choice of environment scenarios to choose from.
    "Normal" is what you'd expect. You get volume control and a "focused speaker" option or just normal amplification tailored to the frequency range that the hearing tests showed your worst losses at.

"Restaurant" mode will dampen background/clatter and chatter and bring clarity to sounds and voices closer to your proximity. Again, there's a "focused speaker " option.
    This just works by ignoring sounds from behind you and amplifying the sounds from directly where you are facing.

My audiologist also programmed a default setting on my set that will automatically shut off when anything loud enough to cause further damage occurs. Example, I forget to put on hearing protection at a live range. The hearing aids clamp down anytime a round is fired.
    It's not hearing protection, but it will not amplify a gunshot sound. Or a hammer blow on an anvil, etc......

I'm not sure how this could be selected on the fly without a handheld controller or an app on the phone I'm carrying anyway. It'd be worse than texting on a flip phone, without a screen.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I'm going to assume y'all have a working knowledge of Bluetooth paired devices, so I'll skip that.
    So, in a nutshell, once the hearing aids are on and the app is open, you have the volume control and a choice of environment scenarios to choose from.
    "Normal" is what you'd expect. You get volume control and a "focused speaker" option or just normal amplification tailored to the frequency range that the hearing tests showed your worst losses at.

"Restaurant" mode will dampen background/clatter and chatter and bring clarity to sounds and voices closer to your proximity. Again, there's a "focused speaker " option.
    This just works by ignoring sounds from behind you and amplifying the sounds from directly where you are facing.

My audiologist also programmed a default setting on my set that will automatically shut off when anything loud enough to cause further damage occurs. Example, I forget to put on hearing protection at a live range. The hearing aids clamp down anytime a round is fired.
    It's not hearing protection, but it will not amplify a gunshot sound. Or a hammer blow on an anvil, etc......

I'm not sure how this could be selected on the fly without a handheld controller or an app on the phone I'm carrying anyway. It'd be worse than texting on a flip phone, without a screen.
    Thanks !

OK, but does the audio come from the phone’s speaker ?

Or does it work with a bluetooth headset ?

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    They do enhance sound, something as simple as putting a pair of glasses on the table, the sqeek of a chair. I do like them for watching TV. I'm thinking the more expensive might be better but so far I'm liking the inexpensive help. The instructions say to use them for 1-2 hours per day for a week, then 3-4 hours week two. The instructions say your ears have to adjust. 45 day return policy isn't bad. Main use for me is TV, too many times I have to replay something to hear it or turn on captions. For $99 I'm going to give it a fair shot, along with my new prescription glasses I'm good for what another year? Next is cataract surgery to clear up blurry vision.
    After using them for 2 hours a day for a week I've found they do work good for watching TV. Although while watching TV if my wife says something I still have to look at her and say "what". Some sounds are extra loud like closing a door or putting something on the table but her voice is low. Of course the TV is turned up for her. They work really well when she goes to bed I can set TV volume down and hear real well. Week two they suggest using them for 4 hours a day, still getting adjusted for my ears.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I had new tests and now I am going to have a Cocklear devise installed
    in my left ear as it is dead to voices .
    the right still works ok with a hearing aid so will hold off on doing that one.
    The aids I have are from Miracle Ear and have worked good for me until now.
    My Aunt had implants and my Mom used Miracle Ear.

Top Bottom