• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    ETA (for me): AND it works better than Zantac ever did!

I took Prilosec years ago, and I can't even remember why I switched to Zantac now, or exactly when I did. But when they pulled Zantac and it generics off the shelves, is when I switched back to the OTC Prilosec, and a couple of months ago, I got my doctor to give me a prescription, because the prescription is cheaper than the OTC version.

Yes, It does seem to work better for me as well.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Total
    So what is the difference in the new improved and the original?
    totally different drug. The old Zantac was Ranitidine. The new Zantac is Famotidine which is what Pepcid is. Sounds like they are using the name recognition of Zantac to peddle what is essentially their own version of rival Pepcid. I would look at the two and buy whatever is cheapest since one is no longer better than the other

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Total

totally different drug. The old Zantac was Ranitidine. The new Zantac is Famotidine which is what Pepcid is. Sounds like they are using the name recognition of Zantac to peddle what is essentially their own version of rival Pepcid. I would look at the two and buy whatever is cheapest since one is no longer better than the other
    Thanks.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Total

That sucks....

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Seldom do I get heartburn. Eating pepperoni pizza late then going to bed will give me acid reflux sure as can be.

Eating spicy foods don’t bother me until 24 hours later, then its all guy problems.

If I eat a bunch of gassy food, I know that I need to eat GasX or there will be hell to pay. That all came about after abdominal surgery.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Zantac (the real thing) may be back.

A few years ago, the small lab Valisure generated headlines after purportedly finding astronomical levels of the cancer-causing chemical NDMA in Zantac (ranitidine). The Food and Drug Administration’s daily limit for NDMA is 96 nanograms, and Valisure claimed to have found levels exceeding 3,000,000 ng.

The FDA investigated and initiated a recall after finding NDMA in some pills that exceeded 96 ng.

But as Judge Robin Rosenberg notes in her 341-page ruling, the FDA daily limit is “conservative”—equivalent to a meal of grilled meat. “If one were to consume 96 ng of NDMA every day, for 70 years in succession, the risk of cancer would be 1 in 100,000, or .001%,” and “even the highest-tested pill [by the FDA] showed NDMA at a tiny fraction of the level reported by Valisure.”

This important context was left out of lawsuits and press reports. Ditto that the FDA found Valisure’s lab equipment created NDMA. It gets worse, as Judge Rosenberg details. Valisure heated the ranitidine to 266 degrees Fahrenheit—well above the roughly 98 degree temperature found in the human body—to achieve its test result of 3,000,000 ng.

When Valisure tested ranitidine at 98 degrees, it found no NDMA. The extremely high temperature may have caused ranitidine to degrade into NDMA. Valisure also tested ranitidine’s reaction with salt in an artificial stomach, which resulted in NDMA levels exceeding 300,000 ng. But the enormous levels of salt in the test might alone have been enough to kill someone.

“There is no scientist outside this litigation who concluded ranitidine causes cancer, and the Plaintiffs’ scientists within this litigation systemically utilized unreliable methodologies with a lack of documentation on how experiments were conducted, a lack of substantiation for analytical leaps, a lack of statistically significant data, and a lack of internally consistent, objective, science-based standards for the evenhanded evaluation of data,” wrote Judge Rosenberg, who was appointed by Barack Obama.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    If you are interested in something with the potential to actually heal and protect musocal linings, look into Berberine...

Top Bottom