• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Just got off the phone with Cajun Gunsmith's.... Looking to have the trigger action, specifically the DA, worked. Guy said the "Pro Trigger kit" includes reduced da pull, shorter reset and shorter da pull distance. OK... said I. How much for this work? $453.00 ouch! How soon? 8 weeks waiting list - ouch again. So I'm on the list and will be notified when to send it to them. Price wise that's not much less than what I paid for the gun w/2 18 round magazines. That sound about right to y'all?????
    Texas SOT

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    And that price does not include 80 bucks shipping. He said 40 but I think that's just the return shipping and he didn't include my cost to get it to him. So if those assumptions are right I'm looking at $533.00 round trip.

Ok... did some looking and found out the ProKit parts for the CZ 75 is $463.00. That's what the web site shows and must include installation. Here's what the kit includes.

1598450562345.png

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Just got off the phone with Cajun Gunsmith's.... Looking to have the trigger action, specifically the DA, worked. Guy said the "Pro Trigger kit" includes reduced da pull, shorter reset and shorter da pull distance. OK... said I. How much for this work? $453.00 ouch! How soon? 8 weeks waiting list - ouch again. So I'm on the list and will be notified when to send it to them. Price wise that's not much less than what I paid for the gun w/2 18 round magazines. That sound about right to y'all?????
    Is it worth it?

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Cajun Gun Works is one of the best if not the best in the business for CZ work.

They do sell kits to do the work yourself if you're so inclined.

Yeah... I saw that on their web site. You posted the ProTrigger, and related price, for the Phantom. For the CZ 75 SP-01, which is what I have, the "kit" is $463.00 and has more parts/pieces than the Phantom. Understand... I'm not actually complaining about the price. I was noting that for sure I was surprised! Still gonna have it done and my young'uns will inherit that particular gun!:green:

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Price is right. I've been wanting to send one of mine out, but might just hold off and by a Shadow 2. Several happy customers on the CZ forum and they all vouch for CGW.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    In my opinion, the expensive work done may possibly be justified for a competition shooter but I don't see the benefit for most people. You can do a lot of enhancements on your own but it might take some research and effort to do them. Since the Beretta 92 is my main pistol I took the time to learn a lot about it and now I can get one much better then it was stock out of the box but just short of competition level performance. That's OK with me as I don't need my pistols to have match grade performance but I am all for enhanced performance.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I didn't post either, just a link to the complete kits for the Phantom. I understand now you're just bitching about the price so I'll stop trying to help. Sorry to interrupt your rant.
    I think we have a misunderstanding here... All I stated was I was surprised by the price and that I still intended to get the work done. When I clicked on the link you provided that said "CZ 75 SP-01 then I saw "Phantom" I completely forgot that what I have is indeed a Phantom. I've just been calling in the CZ 75 SP-01 and when I did see Phantom I thought - "That's not what I have..." The link I went to was "Installed pricing" I guess. The link you posted was parts only.... Really... really... really... I was not bitchin' about price.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Try putting in the 3 spring kit yourself and then decide what to do next. In my humble opinion, the 3 springs make a huge difference in a DA/SA CZ trigger.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Try putting in the 3 spring kit yourself and then decide what to do next. In my humble opinion, the 3 springs make a huge difference in a DA/SA CZ trigger.
    I already ordered the Pro Trigger kit. Part of my dislike on the CZ 75 DA is the length of the trigger pull best I can measure it's around 3/4" - that's a lot. And supposedly the Pro Trigger kit does address that. Guess I'll find out. When I talked to the Gal there she said weather was fine and thus far no wind and sunny skies. That might change between now and tomorrow when it's supposed to ship.

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I no longer have my "SP-01" but did keep my CZ 75 PCR (for carry) and installed pretty much the same enhancements you are looking at. It was not terribly difficult and did make a big difference in it's performance.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I have a 75B Omega that i put a Cajun Gunworks trigger set in. It wasnt too hard, took about an hour to disassemble & reassemble. Not sure what the difference is in a Shadow, but would think they are similar. I really like the shorter trigger pull & reset travel. It made a big difference...along with the trigger pull.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I have a 75B Omega that i put a Cajun Gunworks trigger set in. It wasnt too hard, took about an hour to disassemble & reassemble. Not sure what the difference is in a Shadow, but would think they are similar. I really like the shorter trigger pull & reset travel. It made a big difference...along with the trigger pull.
    I’m looking forward to the change. I was ok with the single action trigger but that loooonnnnng DA pull combined with the 35# trigger. Ok.. so I exaggerated jest a tad. I’ll be glad once the mods are done. I’ve watched partial videos of the process. Firing pin and related springs looks easy enough. someone spoke about using a follower pin when pulling trigger assembly that I need to get a little more info on and pulling the decocker lever I had trouble seeing exactly what he was talking about. A schematic of my gun will go a long way in understanding that which I need to understand.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Do you have a reputable gunsmith in your area? If so, I would buy the required parts online and have the gunsmith do the work. It is not rocket science.
    A friend of mine is a gunsmith. He does all of my gunsmith work. I recently had him do a Cajun trigger upgrade on my G19 and the trigger is great.

Top Bottom