• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

If you want to read about this policy change from AmmoLand blog.

YouTube has updated its Community Guidelines for creators, which will negatively impact gun channels by limiting their reach.

The new Community Guidelines for Creators policy was announced earlier this week and is due to take effect on June 18. Anti-gun groups and politicians have pressured Google to implement the updated policy on its video-sharing website, sending multiple letters demanding changes to the platform. Now, it appears that Google has finally relented and changed its policy.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    I haven’t watched or used YouTube in a long time

they are a censoring, Commie, anti-liberty, anti-American propaganda wing of the Demoncrat American Communists

just like google… I don’t and won’t ever use YouTube again

i invite all of you to stop supporting radical YouTube

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    It's not easy to do, but it's worth the effort to try. They still carry a lot of worthwhile content. They are owned by Google (Alphabet), so yes, they are going to do woke shit.

At least their BS has created a bit of a vacuum and now other providers are coming online. I listen to Joe Pags on the radio and he recently stated that he won't use YouTube, but is using Rumble, instead. Good move, but it does limit the options for watching. Example: my "smart" TV comes preinstalled with YouTube. I have not seen an app to add Rumble, so I'll probably have to appeal to RCA to get it added.

I always appreciate when content is delivered on Rumble. Don't get me wrong. I have no idea if they are censoring in the same ways and will monitor that. The good news is competition works.

Party on, my friends.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    My LG tv came with a built in browser and I watch Pags on Rumble without problems. My Roku tv's do not have a built in browser and totally POS for anything other than their standard installed apps....

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1717738988834.png

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    My LG tv came with a built in browser and I watch Pags on Rumble without problems. My Roku tv's do not have a built in browser and totally POS for anything other than their standard installed apps....
    I like to watch Youtube vids while getting ready for bed on RokuTV in master. Hated how they slowly buried vids with ads on official Youtube app.

So bought a Firestick, sideloaded Firefox, added uBlock Origin to it. I use a Bluetooth mouse I got off ebay for 8 bucks to navigate inside Firefox.

Can now watch Youtube without ads. Don't use it as a browser for anything else, but I could if I wanted to. Only bummer is it is the Android Firefox, not the desktop version; a few differences, but no deal breakers.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I haven’t watched or used YouTube in a long time

they are a censoring, Commie, anti-liberty, anti-American propaganda wing of the Demoncrat American Communists

just like google… I don’t and won’t ever use YouTube again

How do you find out how to replace the water pump in your washing machine?

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    vote with your vote

vote with your feet

vote with your wallet

vote with your viewership

…that’s what I’m saying

use the alternatives that exist

if we don’t hit them (leftists) in the pocketbook… they’ll keep on watching us comply and go along to get along as they continue to censor and control

ULEWZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2023
    Georgetown TX

YouTube has updated its Community Guidelines for creators, which will negatively impact gun channels by limiting their reach.

The new Community Guidelines for Creators policy was announced earlier this week and is due to take effect on June 18. Anti-gun groups and politicians have pressured Google to implement the updated policy on its video-sharing website, sending multiple letters demanding changes to the platform. Now, it appears that Google has finally relented and changed its policy.

I guess it pays to read further:

"The new policy doesn’t specifically ban any content that wasn’t already banned, but it does add an age restriction to certain content. Some of the videos that will be age-restricted to those over 18 years old are videos that feature 3D-printed firearms, homemade suppressors, standard capacity magazines (referred to as “large capacity magazines” by the new terms), guns equipped with standard capacity magazines, automatic fire, and equipment that simulate “automatic fire” (bump stocks, trigger cranks, force reset triggers, and other devices that speed up the rate of fire of a gun)."

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

To compare sources here is blog post from liberal Mashable website on this topic. You might get popup when accessing the article which you can ignore and click off.

YouTube is age restricting some gun content, as well as banning videos which demonstrate how to remove safety features from firearms. It'll be nowhere near as impactful as finally getting U.S. politicians to implement proper gun control, but at least it's something.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at the Reload blog

The world’s largest video site is in the midst of a renewed crackdown on gun content that could have far-reaching consequences for those who make a living on the platform.

In the wake of YouTube revising its firearms policy, a number of high-profile channels that produce gun videos have voiced concerns the impact is more significant than expected. While the changes detailed in an update to the company’s firearms policy focused on home gun making and bump stock installation, a simultaneous unwritten change in how YouTube enforces an older restriction on gun and ammo dealer promotion has driven most of the backlash.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    The high profile channels are always voicing concerns, usually threats to leave, and then they never leave. Or, if they do leave, they come right back because YT Sugar still pays them big bucks compared to Rumble or whatever.

Top Bottom