• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So you see all these guys who complain about YouTube, often on YouTube, claim to move to a new alternative format, but then keep posting vids to YouTube.
    Most of the alternative sites will sync with YT, so it's easier to just keep uploading to YT even if they've demonetized you. There's also something to be said for refusing to give up the cultural space for as long as you can.
    It is interesting to see the same video with a million views on YouTube and 1200 on Rumble.
    Yeah it's hard to argue with those numbers. Even if you're not monetized on YT, just getting the eyeballs on your content allows you to promote other business.

Really the bottom line is that ad supported revenue sucks ass. It creates a perverse incentive where you're not beholden to your actual customers, but to a third party that isn't interested in your product. The ad companies are also all amoral cowards at best, or political activists at worst.

Another problem is people have become conditioned to free shit. People expect to just look something up and be entertained or informed. If there is someone you enjoy watching, you should figure out a way to support them. If not, they'll go away.

I guess the good news is that 2023 is going to be really hard on the ad companies. Far fewer businesses are paying for advertising right now than normal.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    MrGunsandGear explains his latest suspension on YouTube

And from the Bearing Arms blog a few other comments;
    "Essentially, they have created a new “rule” without telling anyone, and are applying it retroactively....We are clearly being targeted in a coordinated attack.

What is absolutely mind boggling is that you can post videos of people being murdered, actual gun violence, movies where silencers are attached. There are also videos where women play “match the dildo with the woman” that popped up on my newsfeed the other day. Somehow screwing on a silencer is “harmful” content…"

Attachments

• b2590fd3-7f81-4c46-b9b7-7967f7e2cd9b-860x475.jpg
      b2590fd3-7f81-4c46-b9b7-7967f7e2cd9b-860x475.jpg
      74.3 KB · Views: 25
    Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    yt is a very, very left leaning business.

All who post videos there have to be extremely circumspect in telling the complete truth i.e., c-19 vax created injuries or death.

Mustn't come right out and say the truth, but skirt around it and read between the lines...

Yet, as is often pointed out, sleazy is ok or other gawd-awful things get the nod to be shown...

yt management is one of great hypocrisy.

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yes YT is a private company and do what it pleases......

Except when it colludes with .GOV to censor content .Gov doesn't like......and YT has been doing so...........

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Not all YT is stupid on guns
    Lots of good channels like IV8888 and Hikok45

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Is there alternative to YouTube?
    Utreon is the only one I've seen that actually has a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding in the long run. They're actually taking the business side of things seriously while implimenting rules and moderation that is far more fair to free speech than YouTube.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A content creator I trust is making a good case for Utreon. I'm gonna have to check it out.
    One of the guntubers I watch is close with their CEO. He is a legitimately decent person and seems like he just wants to run a successful business that's fair to all it's users. He is not a gun guy, but he did go to one of the Iraqvett8888 shoots just to meet a lot of the guntuber crowd and to possibly find ways to further improve his site.

There's not too many CEOs that would have done something like that.

Top Bottom