• ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    WARNING from Donut Operator:
    'Just a heads up to firearm YouTubers. It is now against community guidelines, meaning you will get a strike, to insert a 30 round magazine into a gun. YouTube considers that a “weapon modification”. I am not joking.'

MrGunsandGear reported the same and screwing on a suppressor (but not full auto firing) will get channel a strike. Huh!!!! :50cal:
    Guns International

Attachments

• donut-operator-cry-more.gif
      donut-operator-cry-more.gif
      2.8 MB · Views: 59
    • Sad
    Reactions: gll

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    KB32 said the same thing and he was having to go back and edit many of his previously posted vids.

Also, the lawyer on YT channel Washington Gun Law says they have demonetized every video he has posted on pistol braces.

• Sad
    Reactions: gll

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I know a lot of content creators make significant money (over $100k) for what amounts to goofing around with a hobby and they're facing loosing their livelihood, but if youtube/google deleted every gun channel and de-monetized every video with a gun in it their balance sheet at the end of the year would change by what most would consider a "rounding error". I know twitch video game and "just chatting" streamers are facing a similar reality of "oh crap, how do I earn money if this goes away tomorrow?" because they're seeing reductions from ad revenue, company policies change, and they're suddenly realizing their job is fairly limited and if it did go away tomorrow where would they possibly go?

I too am in the camp of "its their sandbox, its their rules" and it comes nowhere near the first or second amendment infringement. I don't think even if your platform is as gigantic and dominating as youtube, google, twitter, or facebook do they have a duty to allow you to do whatever you want at their expense.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    There is money to be made on You Tube if you have content that people want to see. WhistlinDiesel has become a millionaire in a short time by goofing around, tearing stuff up and, having a good time making You Tube videos. He has over 4 million subscribers and rakes in the money.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Is there alternative to YouTube?
    Many.

Any that work as well? No, I don't think so.

People want their content to stream right now. Only YT does that reliably.

If people were a bit more patient and willing to queue up downloads over NNTP, the YT monopoly could be broken. Many people have conceptualized how a web-based front end could make that easy.

But people aren't patient. :(

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    YT, while often interesting IS a leftist org with leftist restrictions in place.

Complete truth is not allowed on YT.

All truth must be read between the lines...
    THIS is true. Thank you!

I watch YT and MANY OTHER LINKS like YT when it comes to foreign news and real DEBATES - discussions.

I pay attention to all news from all sides even if it ticks me off on how DUMBED DOWN most Americans (And foreigners overseas too.) are on both and all sides.

Including some gun people.

YT censors and censored - TOOK DOWN A LOT of channels, groups, outstanding discussions, debates and interviews over the years. They banned people and DELETED so much stuff over the years but a LOT in recent years.

Now, they did another DUMB and LEFTIST THING again. OMG - guns just scare the heck out of them, eh?!

Meanwhile the LEFT talks about diversity and the other side talks about the BIG TENT but God forbid - any real discussion can be discussed.

Heck, they BAN speakers at universities but that is NOT the subject matter here. Just because it does not FIT a specific agenda. THEIR agenda.

Controlled opposition for sure has and is coming from both and ALL sides!

And it is getting worse.

From general forums, YT type of links, gun forums, old type discussion boards, etc.

You can see how this has happened in the last 20 years but especially in the last 10 to 5 years and now it is just INSANE to see online.

What they - YT did was just as bad as FAKEBOOK, insta crap, twatter/twitter and things like that with bans and THOUSANDS of posts and followers for those people who were NOT 'WOKE' ENOUGH for their bs - SJW talk and very LEFTIST IDEAS.

Just like the FBI and other .gov agencies DID ACTUALLY do a whole lot before, during and after many election cycles. They met WEEKLY with Fakebook, etc. - fact not fiction.

You know dang well the ties with YT with all of those SOCIAL MEDIA platforms go.

I never joined or really followed those types of social media platforms (Sewage!) unless there was a LINK up and it led to some news story.

I have been on long gone forums/boards since the late 90's and on.

And ON some current ones - public and private ones. OLD GROUPS too. MSN, YAHOO, etc. when they were in business.

I could NOT stand Trump, Biden and many others using Twitter/Twatter too. NO offense if some people live for that crap or LOVED it in the past or present.

YT did not only DELETE, WARN and BAN YT GROUPS and posters who discussed the Operation Warp Speed - Trump, Fauci, etc. crapola with the KILL SHOTS and more.

They got rid of a LOT of GUN stuff over the years.

Just like a lot of stuff in regular search engines got snuffed off into the LA LA LAND of gone forever on most mainstream SEARCH ENGINES (Shadow Banning, etc.) for stuff before and after 9/11 with OBL - freedom fighter - then terrorist and with all of that PNAC MONEY and support from the Neo Cons on the RIGHT and on the LEFT - Project for the New American Century.

Plus old news, old Town Hall meetings and other things from a to z.

When it comes to REAL discussions where they aka YT SAY that they allow free speech (NOT!) - a LOT of GUN PEOPLE and other people discussing the bs war, other issues - money laundering = war and D.C. TIES and other GUN issues - GUN politics - they have to WORD their discussions OH SO CAREFULLY so the YT control freaks don't DELETE YEARS WORTH OF SOME MAN'S WORK ONLINE. Or even delete what is going ON right now in some states with GUN LAWS and bans.

MOST sane people are forming their own websites like you see HERE, forums or going to Rumble or places like that now too. They do not want to LOSE all of their hard work online and their followers.

Cate
    Typos!

Last edited:

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I’m curious if they’d try to strike down Hickok45’s channel since he does all those things on a regular basis as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen some of his stuff and a few others online who do what he does - general GUN reviews, gun/ammo discussions, etc.

I am not a regular viewer but I do enjoy some of his videos and a couple of other men online - their names ESCAPE ME NOW.

Plus I have done some searches for specific firearms and some names POPPED up with their links to videos and to ONLY written reviews and discussions with NO videos about such and such firearm.

I did this RESEARCH in many, many places for my MT husband's one Christmas gift - my money given to him to buy a specific gun.

He did his own reading online and I did some to help him find out more.

Cate

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Is there alternative to YouTube?

Functionally, yes, several as noted. Financially, not a single one of them touches YouTube. So you see all these guys who complain about YouTube, often on YouTube, claim to move to a new alternative format, but then keep posting vids to YouTube. Some guys are on 6 or 7 different video hosting sites. It is interesting to see the same video with a million views on YouTube and 1200 on Rumble.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    A content creator I trust is making a good case for Utreon. I'm gonna have to check it out.
    I commented that when he leaves youtube, I'll watch him on Utreon...

but then, I'm shadow banned on youtube, so he'll probably never see it anyway.

Top Bottom