Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Kind'a reminds me of hearing about a guy (friend of a friend story) who decided to use the side of his pickup bed to steady his aim as he sighted his AR in at his backyard range. But he didn't do the math on the fact that the scope is raised and his target was slightly downhill. He managed to put several 5.56mm holes in the opposite side because the muzzle wasn't clearing that side of the truck even though the scope's line of sight was.
    A million dead chronographs can attest to the existence of this behavior.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've been around a couple oops.

When we switched to Glocks the most arrogant prick of a fellow instructor and I were running quals and he put a round thru his hand clearing a malfunction.

God he deserved it. I'm bad for saying that. At least he was lucky to have missed any bones .

My Dad got a new snubby and handed me the gun loaded in a holster to look at. I cleared it looked it over and then reloaded it and put it back in the holster to hand it back thinking it was going right back in the drawer or on his hip.

He proceeded to hold it up and say what I love about this holster is you can fire the gun while its.......at this point everything goes slow motion and me and my step mom are both alert to what's about to happen and are diving to the floor cause theres not time to do anything else. Our ears start to ring and we look at each other then up to a room filled with smoke and a cloud of leather dust and foam and what ever else the holster is made of floating to the ground.

My dad has a dumbfounded look on his face and I make sure everyone is ok and then realise he probably just sent a round outside somewhere. Thankfully it hit the wall at a shallow enough angle that a 2x4 stopped it in the wall and it didnt exit the house. If he was carrying full 357 rounds or hit the 2x4 straight on I think it would have went across to the neighbors house.

He still blames me for giving him a loaded gun. I'm like you took it off your hip and gave it to me that way. You dont just manipulate a weapon without clearing it first.

Lessons learned.

Oh he has a nice scar in his rt leg from playing Marshal Dilon when he was a teen ager and got a new Single action rig. Luckily it was a 22 and not a 45lc.

You lose respect and fear of a gun for a second people will die.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Over familiarity breeds contempt.

That is, extensive knowledge, or thinking you know everything, of or close association with someone or something leads to a loss of respect for them or it.

People generally wouldnt act this way around a King Cobra. Those who do usually die.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I would rather stick my dick in a blender than to be caught in a chair getting a whatever the **** your getting done in your salon.
    All things considered, I'm getting the manicure before putting my dick in a blender... but you do you.
    Robotnik Pressing Red Button 28092022185856.jpg

Last edited:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts