• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Do a search on here about Sterling almost shooting his wife. He only posted it on here for people to be more careful. My worst one was picking southtexaspilot's AR-10 at a meet one time. It was pointed down range, but I wasn't familiar with the gun - hit the trigger - damn. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I have brought home a gun with a round in the chamber after letting someone else shoot it too. I'm methodical now about checking guns - I'm just lucky I finally figured it out,

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Yup. Luckily as a person in management I have yet to deal with a true brown noser. I've worked with them before and they never last long anyway. Brown nosing is usually a cheap replacement for skill.
    We used to handle brown nosers with a parking lot staff meeting.

Wont see that today.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Had a few hair trigger guns pointed down range that caught me off guard. I like em light but sometimes people go crazy. I like a crisp trigger I should say. It doesn't need to go off by breathing on it. I wouldn't want a hair trigger on a fighting weapon. Never know when you need gloves lets say.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Had a few hair trigger guns pointed down range that caught me off guard. I like em light but sometimes people go crazy. I like a crisp trigger I should say. It doesn't need to go off by breathing on it. I wouldn't want a hair trigger on a fighting weapon. Never know when you need gloves lets say.

Anything under 3 pounds for me (except for a nicely tuned bolt gun) is way too light.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    A friend of mine was sitting with me in the shop and pulled out his S&W PC Airweight and told me he wanted to trade it on another gun. He emptied the cylinder handed it to me and asked me "feel the trigger". I cocked it and put the web of my left hand between the trigger and the frame and pulled the trigger a couple of times and the trigger pull was decent, after all it was a PC model....

He said try the double action pull, so I thumbed the trigger with my left thumb and pulled it DA a few times not letting the hammer fall hard..... I don't like to dry fire revolvers (especially someone else's).....

I opened it to hand it back to him and there was still a round in the cylinder.....

His face was filled with horror and he started to apologize profusely..........I told him it was my fault for not opening the cylinder to check it when he handed it to me....and it was my fault....

Always check to see if a gun is unloaded, even after watching someone "unload it"............

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    IMO, the older S&W revolvers had the best factory triggers of sny pistol made with the Dan Wesson revolvers following with a close second place.
    If we ever know we're going to be in the same place at the same time, remind me to bring my .35 Remington. There's a whole 'nother level of goodness in pistol triggers you should experience.

Top Bottom