• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Driving around the ranch one day with my father. I was probably 10.
    I was riding front passenger seat, older (than me) ranch family member sitting in back seat behind me.

Loud boom.

.243 went off, pointed underneath my seat, obviously under my ass.

Hole through the floorboard.

Pretty exciting.
    Military Camp

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I was sick to my stomach and serverly upset with myself for awhile after that.
    A guy walked off and left a rifle at the gun club. One of the other members brought it to me and asked if I could run it over to the president of the club for safekeeping. I said "Sure!" and told him to drop it in the open trunk of my car.

I got to the president's place of business, he came outside and I retrieved the rifle. As is my wont, I opened the bolt before handing it over only to see that the magazine was full and there was one in the chamber. I dumped the ammo in my trunk before he could see, at least preserving the illusion I was being safe.

Moral of our stories? When more than one person handles a gun, that doesn't mean more people have checked it so it's more likely to be safe. Just the opposite. The number of things that can go wrong multiplies because everyone assumes the other guy has already done the right thing.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yes. every time a weapon is handed of to you, you check it.

I keep two handguns loaded at all times. One is my carry and the other is my alternate carry/mower gun/one the wife knows how to use. The wife can handle a Glock 17. I don't let her touch the XD mod2. Grip zone might be too much for her.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yes. every time a weapon is handed of to you, you check it.

I keep two handguns loaded at all times. One is my carry and the other is my alternate carry/mower gun/one the wife knows how to use. The wife can handle a Glock 17. I don't let her touch the XD mod2. Grip zone might be too much for her.

I don't need to worry about kids.
    I have loaded guns stashed all over my house.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I don't need to worry about kids.
    I have loaded guns stashed all over my house.
    My son does a good job all things considered. You know he builds muscle memory when he plays with toy guns his trigger finger is outside the trigger guard. Having kids and toy guns though is something we have talked about in our home. It's one of those things that if you invite into your home you have to ride his ass as if it's a real gun. At 7, he has his own 22 rifle that is only allowed supervised. Actually his very first gun he shot was a full auto Sten. He loved it. Papa had to help him hold the gun and brace it but he had a blast. Wouldn't stop talking about it...

Kids and guns in the home are a full time job.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    My wife for years suggested I go with her to the nail parlor to get my feet soaked massaged and what ever they needed. I’m more likely now as the hurt like hell most days.

Male grooming is essential if you want to improve your image (which opens doors in other areas). Haircuts and beard trimming are the absolute minimum. I go to the Salon, get tea tree oil treatments, pedicures, and manicures. On top of that I also have different lotions at home for body and face (they aren't the same thing), and a supply of lactic acid face peel pads.

Do a little exercise (cardio and weight training), get a good cologne, and some nice clothes, you will look and feel like a new man.

I promise you, if you keep up the regimen for 6 months, you will look 10+ years younger and people will notice. :shades:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts