• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I pray every time I pick up a gun that I don't have a oops. I pray every time I strap on a gun that I will not need to use it.

No BS I saw first hand a man in my office die from negative discharge oops. Bleed out in our arms. He was a handgun training provider and veteran army sniper.

Guys take heed, please take heed.
    Ignotance or complacency will bite you every timethose new to guns many times operateout of ignorance simply becaue thedon' know much about guns Thoe who have been around guns can get complacent and accidents happen.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I pray every time I pick up a gun that I don't have a oops. I pray every time I strap on a gun that I will not need to use it.

No BS I saw first hand a man in my office die from negative discharge oops. Bleed out in our arms. He was a handgun training provider and veteran army sniper.

Guys take heed, please take heed.
    Buy a good brand, train safely, carry safely, handle safely, and if it's your time it's your time.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It wasn’t at a range, but whiLe in college I had a Buddy from a small town. One morning, as an upperclassman, I had to visit Chem Lab while freshmen were using it. A beautiful little freshman Girl really “came-on” to me; so I set-up a date for that night. Stupid me runs into Guy & tells him of the “hot chick date”. He says “But She’s my FIANCEE!” OOPS !

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Haven't had an oops, but witnessed 2.

First one and scariest was when I was home on leave in the early 80s out in the desert with my brother in dad's 59 Apache panel shooting jackrabbits.

I was in drivers seat reloading a Nylon 66, brother was on passenger side roof with a single shot .410. I hear him slip off the roof saying "shit!" then boom!

I run around to the other side expecting to see the worst, but he was just standing there with a shocked look on his face. Didn't even ding the Apache. I laughed in relief.

Next time was at the range a few years ago. Buddy was shooting his SKS off a sandbag on a bench at a steel sitting at the base of the berm 175 yards out. He was hitting it every shot. I was standing behind him a bit to his right, empties where flipping well in front of me.

All of a sudden BLAMMO! and I get hit in the chest by something. I'm undamaged, look at my buddy and he's sitting there stunned with a shocked look on his face.

Couldn't have been caused by shooting after a squib cause I heard the previous round hit the steel. So was thinking it shot out of battery, but then I picked up what had hit me in the chest. A brass 38 spcl case.

Yup, my buddy was dumping the ammo on the bench and accidentally loaded it in with the 7.62x39. I figured the .357 diameter bullet didn't make it out the barrel; nope, barrel was clear. No damage to gun, buddy resumed shooting it after composing himself and putting up with me busting his chops over the boo boo.

Machined receivers on SKSs sure are tough, barrels too.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I passed a Tennessee Highway patrol doing 90.
    That was an oops+ a oh shit or two.

When I was 17, I'd had a shitty day at school and was driving maaaaybe a touch faster than I should have on the farm-to-market road toward home. I crested the big hill and accelerated down the other side, letting my car hit about 75-80 mph without any effort. Then I looked in my rearview and saw a DPS Mustang interceptor on my bumper.

Yeah, my stomach dropped so hard it got road rash.

The Mustang pulled into the incoming lane and settled in right next to me. I looked over and the trooper grinned, pointed a finger at me, and shook his head. Then he downshifted, floored it, and left me eating his dust as he sped down the straightaway, slowing only slightly to take the left turn that took him out of sight.

I drove 55 mph the rest of the way home.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    One time I was at a grocery store, and what I thought was a chick in leggings in front of me, turned around and was a guy. My eyes...

fjkjd.jpg

I was driving from Kansas City back to Oregon when I was 18, and I think I was in Wyoming or maybe Nebraska - saw long flowing locks of blonde hair and a skinny waste riding on Harley and thought "Heh cool, chick on a bike" - then I passed them. Fucker had a beard almost down to his belly button - could've been a stand in for a ZZ Top member. That was the first time I realized that dudes can look like girls from behind, without being a tranny.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I was driving from Kansas City back to Oregon when I was 18, and I think I was in Wyoming or maybe Nebraska - saw long flowing locks of blonde hair and a skinny waste riding on Harley and thought "Heh cool, chick on a bike" - then I passed them. Fucker had a beard almost down to his belly button - could've been a stand in for a ZZ Top member. That was the first time I realized that dudes can look like girls from behind, without being a tranny.
    Well lets face the music. Us Oregonians have terrible judgment.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Too much sasquatch piss in the reservoirs up there. Causes an adverse reaction kind of like having too much lead in the plumbing.
    It could be. I cannot confirm or deny pissing into the lakes and streams - but the state did used to tell people to piss in the water and not on the land, then they changed their tune a few years back to "piss on the land at least 60 feet from water" - I think they'd rather you just piss your pants up there.

I may, or may not have also wiped my butt with moss and ferns a few times while hiking the river banks. You can't bury anything when you're on exposed bedrock, just cover it with leaves. I'm sure the next fisherman to come along appreciated that too
    eyes_have_it.png
    Theoretically speaking, that it.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Top Bottom