I sometimes found the other song on the album the best.
My top 10:
Paranoid – Black Sabbath
Love Itis – J Geils Band
Planet of Women – ZZ Top
The Green Manalishi - Judas Priest
Not Fragile – Bachman Turner Overdrive
S.O.S. – Aerosmith
If You Think You Know How to Love Me - Pat Benatar
Rock Me – Vixen
Miss America – Styx
Limelight – Rush
Looking thru the posts reminded me of a more really good rock songs:
Aqualung - Jethro Tull "...Sitting on a park bench, eyeing little girls with bad intent.." Great song with all sorts of tempos and music through it.
Iron Man - Black Sabbath "..Nobody wants him, They just turn their heads, Nobody helps him, Now he has his revenge..." I've seen this voted as the #1 Best Metal Song of all time.
Layla - Derek & The Dominoes. Eric Clapton was in love with George Harrison's wife, Patty Boyd, and wrote this song about her. Duane Allman came up with the guitar riff. The "tweety" bit at the end of the song was in tribute to jazz artist Charlie "Bird" Parker. Patty divorced George, married Eric, then Eric left her. Apparently dating Patty was a whole lot better than being married to her.
Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam I don't think anybody really knows what the lyrics are about, but it's got some very unique blues sounds in it.
Some more great classic rock songs, in no particular order.
1) You Got Lucky. Tom Petty.
2) Tuesday's Gone. Lynyrd Skynyrd.
3) Don't Fear The Reaper. Blue Oyster Cult.
4) Dream On. Aerosmith.
5) Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy. Sammy Hagar.
6) Carry On Wayward Son. Kansas.
7) We're An American Band. Grand Funk Railroad.
8) Can't You See. Marshall Tucker Band.
9) You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet. Bachman Turner Overdrive.
10) Pride and Joy. Stevie Ray Vaughan.
More Honorable Mentions.
1) Boys Of Summer. Don Henley.
2) Jukebox Hero. Foreigner.
3) Mississippi Queen. Mountain.
5) I Can't Drive 55. Sammy Hagar.
6) Renegade. Styx.
7) More Than A Feeling. Boston.
8) Don't Bring Me Down. ELO.