• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob945

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    North Texas
    Dang. When I was at sea in the 80s, our flushing systems just used salt water. Of course, the ships I served on were commissioned in 1969 and 1970. Some of the newer ships at the time actually produced enough fresh water that their flushing systems used fresh instead of salt. Still, nothing like what they described in this article.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Surplus Guy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hood County
    What do you want from the lowest bidder, perfection???
    What do you want from the lowest bidder, perfection???
    Not really but it would be nice if someone like the DOD, Congress or Navy demanded overall and accurate numbers to support sustainment costs during the acquisition program. This article seems to say that no one is minding the store.

Surplus Guy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hood County
    Dang. When I was at sea in the 80s, our flushing systems just used salt water. Of course, the ships I served on were commissioned in 1969 and 1970. Some of the newer ships at the time actually produced enough fresh water that their flushing systems used fresh instead of salt. Still, nothing like what they described in this article.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    I agree it would have been nice to know.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Well, since they knew 20 years ago that that toilet system didn't work on the little mine hunters with a crew of approximately 50, I don't see how they thought it would work with a crew of 4000 plus. Most of the ships I was on discharged the sewage straight overboard once they were 3 miles from shore so we never had these issues. But of course, it's a whole new green deal, tree hugging world nowadays so we can spend Billions of dollars a year and still have to put sewage in the water. Makes perfect sense to me.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    The basics of plumbing for human solid waste disposal have been known for quite a while.

When you try and turn the system into something it's not then you're going to have problems.

Top Bottom