• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Sure glad I don't have any kids going to school anymore.
    As am I. If I did, I would be making some difficult choices about home schooling.

But, as has been pointed out, I do still pay property taxes, some of which goes to fund local schools. I think that I need to have confidence in our school boards and administrations that spend "my money". And I sure as hell don't want them teaching local kids any CRT or LGBTQ crap.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Friday evening, September 17, two RRISD parents were arrested at their homes on the charges of disrupting a school board meeting. They were booked, processed, and put in jumpsuits within an hour. They were just released. These two men, Dustin Clark and Jeremy Story, are parents, community leaders, professionals, and taxpayers with families.

Whether you agree with their approach or their point of view, this could be any parent, child, teacher, or administrator. They were simply trying to attend the board meeting where the public was denied access.

The KVUE story relays that the arguing between the parents and the board was about masks. It was not. They were arguing about allowing more people in the room as is in law. The meeting did not end after the disruption but it DID continue with the board discussing a tax increase. All of this is recorded and can be viewed on the RRISD website.

Here is a Texas Scorecard article posted yesterday: School Board Blocked Citizens From Entering - Then Raised Their Taxes

What is the concern?
    If these parents can be arrested for asking for law, order, and respect of diversity of thought in a board meeting, what is to stop the Superintendent of RRISD from overreach in other areas? What about YOUR ISD?

What can you do?
    1. Write and call public official.
    The more people illuminate this story, the better chance we have of helping our community in the long run. Write one email and cc all of the below. Doesn't have to be a complicated email.. just speak your mind and keep it casual.

2. Tell your friends and neighbors. We need to spread the word so this doesn't continue to happen to our communities. Find out what's going on. Join a parent group in your area. Consider joining the True Texas Project (truetexasproject.com)

3. Consider donating to their legal fees.

4. Here is a 2nd Fundraiser link in case the GoFundMe gets taken down: GIVESENDGO

Please feel free to send this email to friends and neighbors on all sides of the political fence.

Most respectfully,
    A fellow gun owner

Sorry, cross posted this article with the video of this fiasco inside. Please feel it is OK to delete my post in news articles.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom