• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Question for y'all: After what we have witnessed this last year around school boards, rogue teachers, and corrupt school staff, do you think it makes sense for ALL citizens to attend their local meetings? We don't have children of school age any longer, but feel like I should go just to show that folks are interested in how things are run. As more an more comes out from these stories around the US, it appear to me that it is likely much worse than we even realize.

Absolutely. And at the very minimum, study the candidates, their backgrounds, their stance on issues. These board members have a lot of power in the future of children, their mindsets, their education. Which gives them power for the future of our country. I guarantee you that the Democratic Party is heavily involved in school board races across the country because they know they can brainwash children into little commies, and growing into bigger commies who vote.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I am pretty much on the same page as you. But it did remind me of something that's been kicking around in my noggin.

Question for y'all: After what we have witnessed this last year around school boards, rogue teachers, and corrupt school staff, do you think it makes sense for ALL citizens to attend their local meetings? We don't have children of school age any longer, but feel like I should go just to show that folks are interested in how things are run. As more an more comes out from these stories around the US, it appear to me that it is likely much worse than we even realize.
    Last I recall, everyone that owns property is paying school taxes in their district, whether you have any children attending that district or not. IMO, If you are paying school taxes, you have a right to attend and vote on school board members.

So yes, I think we should be attending.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    A few more details.

RRISD sought the warrants but Williamson County Sherrif’s Dept served them.

Both men have a history with the board. They were charged with Disrupting a Public Meeting through Disorderly Conduct, a Class B misdemeanor. Texas allows but does not require cite and release (get a ticket and court date) for Class B misdemeanors. Chickenshit move by RRISD.

Hello, I’m from the government and I’m here to help.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Just look at the Board that the local voters put in office and then read some of their bios. Pretty much answers the question at hand. I have followed some of these school district fiascos and am surprised to see how many of these board members and superintendents in different districts don't even have kids. Why would anyone without children be interested in school politics???? Doesn't any one bother to check out candidates before they vote/

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Harpo1.jpeg

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Top Bottom