• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlesieur

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Friday evening, September 17, two RRISD parents were arrested at their homes on the charges of disrupting a school board meeting. They were booked, processed, and put in jumpsuits within an hour. They were just released. These two men, Dustin Clark and Jeremy Story, are parents, community leaders, professionals, and taxpayers with families.

Whether you agree with their approach or their point of view, this could be any parent, child, teacher, or administrator. They were simply trying to attend the board meeting where the public was denied access.

The KVUE story relays that the arguing between the parents and the board was about masks. It was not. They were arguing about allowing more people in the room as is in law. The meeting did not end after the disruption but it DID continue with the board discussing a tax increase. All of this is recorded and can be viewed on the RRISD website.

Here is a Texas Scorecard article posted yesterday: School Board Blocked Citizens From Entering - Then Raised Their Taxes

What is the concern?
    If these parents can be arrested for asking for law, order, and respect of diversity of thought in a board meeting, what is to stop the Superintendent of RRISD from overreach in other areas? What about YOUR ISD?

What can you do?
    1. Write and call public official.
    The more people illuminate this story, the better chance we have of helping our community in the long run. Write one email and cc all of the below. Doesn't have to be a complicated email.. just speak your mind and keep it casual.

2. Tell your friends and neighbors. We need to spread the word so this doesn't continue to happen to our communities. Find out what's going on. Join a parent group in your area. Consider joining the True Texas Project (truetexasproject.com)

3. Consider donating to their legal fees.

4. Here is a 2nd Fundraiser link in case the GoFundMe gets taken down: GIVESENDGO

Please feel free to send this email to friends and neighbors on all sides of the political fence.

Most respectfully,
    A fellow gun owner
    Hurley's Gold

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex

Attachments

• 2F653227-0F2D-470C-B24C-114AFC27498F.png
      2F653227-0F2D-470C-B24C-114AFC27498F.png
      347.5 KB · Views: 117
    • 47A89623-F1A7-4A34-A0B7-C744CB8C50EC.png
      47A89623-F1A7-4A34-A0B7-C744CB8C50EC.png
      49.7 KB · Views: 120

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Link to the RRISD website where the recording of the meeting can be watched?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Thanks, watched the entire vid.

My thoughts: Why in the hell aren’t these parents getting their kids the hell out of there?

These students speaking for anonymous teachers are hopelessly brainwashed.

The student speakers coming in via zoom or whatever, just an end run for the sleepy parents to get the kids to read some prewritten bullshit.

Seems there are 2 board members who have the balls to face the public. The rest are swarmy bastards.

The guy later in the vid…I’m guessing he’s the one in trouble? Can’t see him, but by the audio it sounds as if he’s refusing to leave while the cop is forcing him out (just following orders…). Totally agree with what he had to say, but we all know you don’t fight a ticket on the side of the road. Same applies here I think. But again, can’t see what’s actually happening. In the end though, I support him more than I take issue with how far he pushed.

In fact, thinking back to a small nearby town where a guy called out a council member for being crooked as hell, no foul language, just called them out on it. Was later arrested at his home and taken to Hill County jail where they refused to book him because the charge was so ridiculous and the city cops had to take him back home. Yeah, I’m 100% siding with the guy for trying to stand his ground.

But seriously, if you live there get out. That school board is lost and those 2 women trying to stand up for sanity don’t have the votes to override the shit eaters. Get your kids out and find something better.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    School boards do not exist to educate children. They exist to spend taxpayer's money.

Some of these school boards have gigantic budgets. It's not all teacher's salaries; it also includes contracts to purchase school lunches, building construction and maintenance, supplies, office management, etc. Superintendents and principals are hired to keep parents appeased so that those parents (and other taxpayers) don't interfere with the Board as it divvies up money to it's friends. Any reason to keep the public out of a meeting is acceptable to the Board members.

I never knew very many people who home schooled, and the few I did were usually a little weird. Often they were a bit extreme with respect to religion, or belonged to a church that was well beyond the mainstream. But now I know quite a few people who have pulled their kids, and they're not even slightly radical. They see their kids being taught that communism is a great political system and that they should obey the government without question and, in some cases, that they should inform on their parents if they're doing something considered wrong, like say refusing to get a vaccination for Covid. On top of that, the entire curriculum has been dumbed-down so much that the kids aren't being taught a fraction of what was expected in a school 20 or 30 years ago. Grades are not as important as having kids feel good about themselves. White people are racist; nobody else is. History is being revised to a point where there is nothing of value left. For example, there is no WWII in the books, there is instead "Life During WWII", because the important thing is not The Holocaust or that Hitler and Tojo and Mussolini were defeated, it was that women and minorities got jobs in factories and that made them feel good about themselves. (Somehow that wasn't covered in Band of Brothers.)

The world has gone mad, and far too many people are standing on the sidelines afraid to do anything about it.

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    “ These students speaking for anonymous teachers are hopelessly brainwashed.” Most of them were of middle eastern heritage and NONE of them stood for the pledge of allegiance. I was the guy telling them to stand for the pledge.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    “ These students speaking for anonymous teachers are hopelessly brainwashed.” Most of them were of middle eastern heritage and NONE of them stood for the pledge of allegiance. I was the guy telling them to stand for the pledge.

How many were outside the doors yelling to be let in to attend the meeting?

rlesieur

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Thanks, watched the entire vid.

My thoughts: Why in the hell aren’t these parents getting their kids the hell out of there?

We choose to stand and fight. We're making progress and joining forces with other communities. And - we're taking this to a whole other level. Radicals are taking over local government. That needs to be stopped and reversed.

The two gentlemen are out of jail and we've met our fundraising goals for their legal defense. Given how it all went down, this is going to blow up.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Friday evening, September 17, two RRISD parents were arrested at their homes on the charges of disrupting a school board meeting. ...These two men, Dustin Clark and Jeremy Story, are parents, community leaders, professionals, and taxpayers with families.
    When I first started reading this, I thought it was going to be about two women. That was the video I saw at least. Sounds like there were many people who were barred from getting in.

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    We would get our kids in a private school IF we could afford it. The other reason at least for my oldest is he plays high school baseball and most private schools don’t have teams. I don’t want to rob him of that. One of the guys is an Army vet that was awarded the Bronze Star. When they arrested him they took his guns! He never even threatened anyone.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    We would get our kids in a private school IF we could afford it. The other reason at least for my oldest is he plays high school baseball and most private schools don’t have teams. I don’t want to rob him of that. One of the guys is an Army vet that was awarded the Bronze Star. When they arrested him they took his guns! He never even threatened anyone.
    Your kids can still participate in local public school band and sports if they are home schooled.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Even if you don’t want to pull them from public school, there are many small town rural schools that still have people who smile and say good luck when you take the kids out on Thursday to go on a hunting trip, and have kids raising an American flag every morning.

I get it’s your kids and your decisions and don’t want to come off at all as condescending in any way. Just putting it out there. It’s the question of whether baseball is worth being subjected to 8 hours a day of leftist policies and teaching. others will say our small town school is still a problem too, so I know everyone finds there line to stand at.

I sincerely wish you and your family the best.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    We choose to stand and fight. We're making progress and joining forces with other communities. And - we're taking this to a whole other level. Radicals are taking over local government. That needs to be stopped and reversed.

The two gentlemen are out of jail and we've met our fundraising goals for their legal defense. Given how it all went down, this is going to blow up.

How much exposure to this horrible leftist ideology will your kids endure during this fight?

I live down there for about a year. Couldn’t stand it and have seen the entire area as a lost cause for quite some time. Maybe enough people will wake up and have a complete reversal of thinking. But those running the schools obviously don’t give a damn what anyone thinks unless it supports their power an agenda. Maybe the lack of general public interest in things like school board elections will work in your favor.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

If you are going to stand and fight, the first step I see is over-turning the school board in the elections. The school board is the biggest obstacle you need to fight and get rid of.

Because until that happens, nothing is going to change for the better for the children in that school district.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom