• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I don't have a badge, but I had somebody explain to me why they considered getting one in the past.
    1) Trip and stumble, gun slides out of holster on ground. Somebody sees it and their eyes light up. Flash badge and move on.
    2) Inadvertent display of gun due to reaching, bending, etc. Somebody sees it...........
    3) Involved in a legal shooting or keeping somebody detained with the firearm, clip badge out where others can see it so they (including police) don't mistake you for a bad guy and make any rash moves. It slows up police just for a couple seconds, then they realize that's one of the gay little CHL badges......Oh, he's probably not the active shooter.

Don't know if he bought one, but I can see his points.

Of course, I am betting 99% of buyers fall into the mall ninja wanna be category.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I don't have a badge, but I had somebody explain to me why they considered getting one in the past.
    1) Trip and stumble, gun slides out of holster on ground. Somebody sees it and their eyes light up. Flash badge and move on.
    2) Inadvertent display of gun due to reaching, bending, etc. Somebody sees it...........
    3) Involved in a legal shooting or keeping somebody detained with the firearm, clip badge out where others can see it so they (including police) don't mistake you for a bad guy and make any rash moves. It slows up police just for a couple seconds, then they realize that's one of the gay little CHL badges......Oh, he's probably not the active shooter.

Don't know if he bought one, but I can see his points.

Of course, I am betting 99% of buyers fall into the mall ninja wanna be category.

As far as 1 & 2 are concerned, IF they happen to question, why not just show them your CHL?
    The 3rd one, if they are going to attempt leaving with a gun pointed at them, what is a badge going to do?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    respect-my-authority.jpeg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    No kidding, I just need to get one of those badges! My birthday is coming up next month. I'll snag one for my BD!

Flash

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    3) Involved in a legal shooting or keeping somebody detained with the firearm, clip badge out where others can see it so they (including police) don't mistake you for a bad guy and make any rash moves. It slows up police just for a couple seconds, then they realize that's one of the gay little CHL badges......Oh, he's probably not the active shooter

1 and 2...imitating a police officer (others won't be able to read the badge, so will make the assumption). 3...again, for at least the first few seconds, imitating a cop. What's he gonna do, flash his badge and yell "I'M A CHL HOLDER!" Yelling "I AM THE BATMAN!" would be more effective.

Top Bottom