• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I need to get my Nephew out shooting ASAP. I was granted permission from his ultra lib-tard mother to take him. Anybody up for a meet at Dietz's, Bexar, County Line, lonestar, or wherever to take him in the next couple of weeks. Sister in law is one of those hard core libs with Obastard bumper stickers, Coexist sticker crap on her car. My new 2A tactic is fighting from within.:evil:
    Lynx Defense

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    I'm a little confused (It's 2:00 am :P). Are you asking to for somebody to come along and help show him how to shoot, or just somebody to keep you company while you explain to him how? It's hard to believe a member with your post count could have problems with the former. XD

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Robert's post count = damn fine marksman.

If it's the nephew's 1st time shooting, the fewer distractions the better so I wouldn't be asking for guests. All depends on maturity, attention span, blah .. blah. JMO

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'm a little confused (It's 2:00 am :P). Are you asking to for somebody to come along and help show him how to shoot, or just somebody to keep you company while you explain to him how? It's hard to believe a member with your post count could have problems with the former. XD
    I think I can handle it. It's just fun to take someone on their first experience. I probably have more fun doing that than shooting myself. Just throwing it out there.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    We are now in summer grind mode. I'll try to make it depending on date and time. I had to go in this Saturday for a while. Next weekend doing the whole Easter egg hunt down in corpus.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Bring him to the next Hicksville. He'll never want to leave. That's how I felt.

How old is your nephew? My dad started me shooting when I was 9 or a little younger, but it was more of a "chore" or "something I did with dad" for a long time. It wasn't until I was around 18 or 19 that I got "hooked".

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    yeah......you better not come
    groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

PFFFFFT

I'm in Robert, just say when...if i'm not working i'm in

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Why not invite the boy's mother along? Make it clear that it is up to her if she wants to shoot with her son, otherwise she can just sit back and watch.

My sister was once an avid anti-gunner until she got some range time and met the polite folks at the range. To her initial horror, there were other women at the range who thoroughly enjoyed their range session.

Most women have a "protective instinct for their young." When they see that a gun does not jump up off the table and randomly shoot at things, they tend to rethink their views of guns. Then, the cogs in their noggins start churning and they see that a firearm might be a pretty good tool to protect their children.

Women's minds are wired differently. So to win them over to the gun community, we have to build on their need for security.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Why not invite the boy's mother along? Make it clear that it is up to her if she wants to shoot with her son, otherwise she can just sit back and watch.

My sister was once an avid anti-gunner until she got some range time and met the polite folks at the range. To her initial horror, there were other women at the range who thoroughly enjoyed their range session.

Most women have a "protective instinct for their young." When they see that a gun does not jump up off the table and randomly shoot at things, they tend to rethink their views of guns. Then, the cogs in their noggins start churning and they see that a firearm might be a pretty good tool to protect their children.

Women's minds are wired differently. So to win them over to the gun community, we have to build on their need for security.

This is an excellent idea. If you get her to show the ammo is on me.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Good idea shortround - I'll try to give that a whirl. Nephew is 10. Sounds like at least a couple of us are trying to get together on Sunday (yes, I know it's Easter) and my sister in law doesn't have him this weekend. I'll work on that later.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I wouldn't take the mother on the first outing. If she is that scared if guns she will probably end up being a huge distraction.

Let the boy get comfortable and learn safety basics, the. Invite the mon.

Top Bottom