• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RangerDoc275

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2018
    Greater Austin, Texas
    Hello all. I'm new to Texas by way of Washington state. But don't fret, I didn't bring any liberal tendencies with me. I'm originally from Mississippi. Joined the Army and was stationed in Washington, met my wife there, and when I got out of the Army we had the opportunity to move back there for a job. I spent about 18 years there working for Microsoft and then Amazon. But I couldn't take it any longer and had to leave. So I found a job that took me to Texas but still working for the more left leaning technology industry. Happy to report though that I've already run into plenty of folks here at this job that are not typical of the liberal left. :-)

I spent just shy of 9 years in the US Army. Almost all of that time in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Then as a Ranger School cadre.

At Microsoft I had two terms as president of the GunClub@MS. Surprisingly, there's a lot of firearms enthusiasts at MS. I've been a firearms instructor in many disciplines for years and really enjoy that aspect of the firearms realm.

I've been lurking these forums for a while but this is my first post. I'll be following up with a request for some help with a reloading press issue.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to chatting and sharing with everyone and learning more.
    Hurley's Gold

RangerDoc275

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2018
    Greater Austin, Texas
    Probably carry an antiquated 1911 too.

Ha! How’d you know? While I have several 1911s, and I do love them, I’m actually a complete Sig snob and currently carry the P320 in .40. Yes, I’m aware all the “experts” with all their wisdom hate on the .40 now, but I’m quite satisfied with it and have 40 years of guns and ammo and reloading invested in it.

And my current favorite 1911 is my 10MM TRP.

Top Bottom