• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRIXXTERR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    Ooh, One of the original "throw away" guns. Rare?! Hardly.. those things are/were so cheap that many of the ones still around, are the ones you don't want to run the #s on. I actually have one chambered in .22

These were/are some of the cheapest guns available back in the day. And from what I remember, from researching on the one I inherited. Helped give rise to the old moniker "Saturday Night Special".
    If someone gives more than 25-50, for that, then they are as crazy as the seller.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Lorcin, Raven, and RG. What bad guys bought. What bad cops stole to drop later, if the need arose. Only fired on Saturday nights after Beer was consumed. Second only to LLama in their ability to shoot lead sideways. My grandpa bought an RG .32 from a pawn shop. He brought it home, fired one shot out the back door(farm land) pronounced it one fine gun. He then put it un-cleaned into his chest of drawers, where years later it was found still containing that one spent shell. Cheap price for peace of mind.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Lorcin, Raven, and RG. What bad guys bought. What bad cops stole to drop later, if the need arose. Only fired on Saturday nights after Beer was consumed. Second only to LLama in their ability to shoot lead sideways. My grandpa bought an RG .32 from a pawn shop. He brought it home, fired one shot out the back door(farm land) pronounced it one fine gun. He then put it un-cleaned into his chest of drawers, where years later it was found still containing that one spent shell. Cheap price for peace of mind.

Not at all where the term "Saturday Night Special" comes from. That term has racist origins.

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    Not at all where the term "Saturday Night Special" comes from. That term has racist origins.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but having been a witness to the whole "Saturday Night Special" debate at the time, I was not aware of any "racial" underpinnings. The thought and concept was cheap and poorly manufactured guns, which were more likely (or so the gun grabbers wanted you to believe) to fall into the hands of a criminal element. The concept was that you could buy a $60 gun, use it in the commission of a crime, then ditch it, no great loss.

From Wikipedia:
    "Because the price of a firearm can determine who is able to buy it, the elimination of inexpensive firearms could have a direct effect upon those of lesser means. Roy Innis, president of the activist group Congress of Racial Equality (CORE), said "To make inexpensive guns impossible to get is to say that you're putting a money test on getting a gun. It's racism in its worst form." (CORE filed as an amicus curiae in a 1985 suit challenging Maryland's Saturday night special/low-caliber handgun ban.[SUP][4][/SUP]) The Wright and Rossi evaluation of the National Institute of Justice study (p. 238) concluded: "The people most likely to be deterred from acquiring a handgun by exceptionally high prices or by the nonavailability of certain kinds of handguns are not felons intent on arming themselves for criminal purposes (who can, if all else fails, steal the handgun they want), but rather poor people who have decided they need a gun to protect themselves against the felons but who find that the cheapest gun in the market costs more than they can afford to pay."

Because one whack job declares it so, hardly makes it a reality. 45tex is further validated by the Wikipedia article where Rohm is specifically named.

Top Bottom