• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    So, my Father in Law's dad was a WWII, Korea and Nam US Army Veteran. I got to meet him once before he passed away. Not very talkative as one would guess. He did speak to me a little once he found out I am a US Army OIF vet. Anyways, my Father In Law told me about a handgun that his dad brought back from WWII and left to him when he died. I finally asked him to bring it over to the house and found out it is the High Power you see below.

From what he remembers, his dad told him he took it off of a Nazi Lt. He has the orinal grips somewhere, but thinks one is broken. The Pacmyer grips were put one since his dad was using it for home defense up until he died. I convinced him to leave it with me so I could go through it and clean it up to ensure it is preserved. From what research I have done it looks like it is a FN factory German occupation made gun since it has no magizine dissconnect safety. That matched the details my Father in Law said that his dad told him he got it in 1943 or 1944.

Overall it is in pretty good shape I think. Just wish the original grips were on it. You high Power experts chime in if you have more details! I tried to take close ups of markings I found on it.

JItRmVr.jpg

ehopkWP.jpg

YS3RFKn.jpg

2QphHGp.jpg

44Kb9I5.jpg

WGyDglI.jpg
    Guns International

Attachments

• JItRmVr.jpg
      JItRmVr.jpg
      82.8 KB · Views: 583
    • ehopkWP.jpg
      ehopkWP.jpg
      52.7 KB · Views: 569
    • YS3RFKn.jpg
      YS3RFKn.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 552
    • 2QphHGp.jpg
      2QphHGp.jpg
      31.7 KB · Views: 557
    • 44Kb9I5.jpg
      44Kb9I5.jpg
      50.7 KB · Views: 585
    • WGyDglI.jpg
      WGyDglI.jpg
      63.6 KB · Views: 552

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'm far from an expert, but have always been fascinated with these types of historical pieces. I've got a Nazi Hi-Power that's in a bit rougher shape, but it's been re-blued. Still works just fine, just a bit pitted and dinged up.

Looks like your's is missing the eagle stamp on the slide. Do the serial numbers on the slide, barrel and frame all match?

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I'm far from an expert, but have always been fascinated with these types of historical pieces. I've got a Nazi Hi-Power that's in a bit rougher shape, but it's been re-blued. Still works just fine, just a bit pitted and dinged up.

Looks like your's is missing the eagle stamp on the slide. Do the serial numbers on the slide, barrel and frame all match?

All the serial number match. I looked really hard for the eagle stamp. So, if you look at the 5th picture down, up and right from the trigger I think that is the stamp.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Very nice piece! I love to see these types of guns and hear the stories behind them, thanks for sharing.

I lightened up your photo, the eagle stamp can be seen now. There's a few on Gun Broker that display the eagle in the same location.
    23rNQZB.jpg

Attachments

• 23rNQZB.jpg
      23rNQZB.jpg
      99.7 KB · Views: 480

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    All the serial number match. I looked really hard for the eagle stamp. So, if you look at the 5th picture down, up and right from the trigger I think that is the stamp.

Yes I saw that one. There should be one on the slide too, above the forward notch where the safety can lock the slide back. Hopefully it shows up in this picture. The stamp on my frame is more worn than yours.

stamp.jpg

Attachments

• stamp.jpg
      stamp.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 475

just country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    morning, u could contact the NRA. see if there is a club
    of collectors that would know a source?