• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisCipher777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dallas
    IMG_2497.jpg

I don't really want to trade this weapon, as it has been an ongoing project for the last year, and I have put a lot of time and effort into it, but I want an AR-15, and the way things are going, I will never get one unless I trade for it. Bear in mind that I am not interested in trading for anything other than an AR-15. I am not interested in any other guns, cars, dogs, stamp collections, washing machines, workout videos, waffles, or anything that is not an AR-15. (although I will take $1200 cash firm, so I can go buy an AR)

--------------------------------------------
    First, let me say what I need in an AR.
    I need an AR-15 from a reliable manufacturer (RRA, S&W, Bushmaster, etc). Let me know what you've got, and please have a picture. I would prefer a 20" barrel, 5.56, and some extra mags.

Now, let me get on to what I'm offering.
    I have a PSL-54c manufactured by Romarm and imported by Century International Arms in 7.62x54r. I bought it about two years ago, and I probably have 2000 rounds down the pipe. I have done a lot of work to this weapon, and had more planned. There are a couple of things that I have left unfinished to my regret, but it will make a great project for you to finish. All the serials match except the scopes, but you almost never find matching scopes.

* I replaced the stock (crappy) trigger group with a Tapco G2 with a 4# sharp break. There is almost no play to this trigger, just a slight squeeze and... SNAP.
    * I have done considerable work to the furniture, including sanding off 2oz of wood for a cleaner look, and completely refinishing it with a beautiful kingwood color.
    * The barrel and receiver have been cryo-treated.
    * Replaced the original LPS 4x6 scope with a Russian PSOP 6x24, (both scopes are included), and replaced the red light with blue, which is easier on the eyes. Something in the light isnt making correct contact with either the original bulb or the new one, so the light is unreliable. I cleaned most of the contacts, but something still isnt right.
    * Mounted a Harris HBRM-S bipod.

Now for the two things I started but never finished. I started polishing the bolt carrier, but only made it about half way. looks great until you take the weapon apart. And, I was started stripping and bluing the metal, but only finished the receiver cover, but I don't think I like the color, so... I stopped to consider other options.
    The feed ramp needs a good polishing. Occasionally a round fails to feed correctly. Re-racking fixes the problem 99% of the time, and polishing the ramp should fix it permanently.
    ------------------------------------------
    So now, what it comes with.
    ------------------------------------------
    8 magazines in various conditions. All of them work well. Properly fitting magazines for PSLs are really hit or miss, so good ones can be tough to find. Four of the magazines have been cleaned up and painted, but two of them have chips and scratches in the paint. (I was in the market for a bake-on finish, but never got around to getting it. Three of them are beginning to show a little rust, but I have cleaned them up pretty well. They were the next in line to be refinished. One magazine has stayed in my cabinet and is in original factory condition.

440 rounds of silver-tipped Russian steel core ammo in the can.
    ~200 rounds of Yugo light ball. I didn't actually count, this is just an estimate.

Both scopes and bi-pod. Covers for both scopes.
    Original sling.
    4 pocket mag pouch
    Original three piece cleaning rod & cleaning kit, and oil bottle.

Aluminium rolling case in rough condition. It's seen better days, but it still works.

-------------------------------------------
    Conclusion
    -------------------------------------------
    Wow, I wrote a lot. Guess it's a good time to wrap it up. I have a lot of time and money in this gun, and really, only half of my heart is into trading it. But... it's time for a new toy.

I have a dozen or so other photos. MSG me with your email address if you would like to see them.

Face-to-Face ONLY, in the DFW area. I need a straight trade only, I have no money to throw in no matter how good the deal is. You must be over 21 and have a valid Texas drivers license, ID, or CHL (preferred)
    If you made it this far, thanks for looking.
    Lynx Defense

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Very interesting posts you have had since you joined. Taking a picture of someones DL. Lol

LouisCipher777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dallas
    @308, the trigger group in the PSL is completely interchangable with the AK47, so it is just an AK Tapco G2. the trigger pull on the stock PSL triggger is waaaaaaaaaay too long, so it made a world of difference.

@leper, "Taking a picture of someones DL"... what does DL mean?

LouisCipher777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dallas
    oh, right, duh.

I do that in place of filling out bills of sale for guns I bought from a store, so if the police ever show up at my door asking why they found my gun at a crime scene or something, I can give them the picture and say "I sold it to that guy".

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    oh, right, duh.

I do that in place of filling out bills of sale for guns I bought from a store, so if the police ever show up at my door asking why they found my gun at a crime scene or something, I can give them the picture and say "I sold it to that guy".

When a bill of sale does the same thing...and most people aren't going to allow you to have a picture of their DL...happy to show it to you, along with CHL, but a picture? Not happening...

LouisCipher777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dallas
    meh... no one I've traded with has ever had a problem with it so far. all the info on your drivers license ends up on the bill of sale anyway, just saves the time of filling out the paperwork.

Top Bottom