• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zilla

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    DFW
    I didn't see a particular sub-forum for values, so please move if appropriate. I have a 91/30, dual date, MO marked, Tula hex receiver but not antique (I forget the date on the bare receiver). Bore is not particularly shiny but has good rifling and passes the muzzle/bullet test. I'm divesting myself of my Mosins and have two M44s to get rid of as well, but this one is probably the most valuable. TIA
    Hurley's Gold

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    The '44s are probably worth more, but I would not give over $150 for any of them, unless they are some rare collectable that can be proven ORIGIONAL! Collectable Mosins are as widely faked as #5 Jungle carbines, Many time more likely fake than real.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    The Mosin market has exploded in recent years, I guess everyone finally figured out there aren't any more left of them to be had!

Whereas standard 91/30s were common to find at $99 ten years ago, they now run $200-250 and you don't even get a free spam can of 7.62x54R with your purchase anymore!

Try posting some pics, but given your description I would expect a hex receiver Mosin 91/30 to run about $250-300 to a hungry buyer!

I would never pay that much for one, as I grabbed all I needed when they were moderately priced.

Plus, the aforementioned ammo is not as easily found or cheap as it used to be; which takes away a little of the desirability.

But market is in your favor, so sell quickly but don't be pissed when the prices go up even more as I suspect they will!

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I bought 4 at $89 each back when they were everywhere.
    Then I bought 2 crates (of 20) and paid $140 each and sold most of them but kept the 'collectable' ones.

Still have a dozen or so left and they are worth more than I paid so I am happy.

Crates of surplus ammo (two 'spam-cans' per wood crate, 880 rounds) were $160 w/shipping.

I stocked up but I should have bought more?

Check the market now.

Look at the SALES ond BIDS (NOT the crazy listed 'dreams')

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Always thought I wanted one, but when I'd pick one up at the store they always felt like $99 guns. The bolts always seemed way loose. Fired a friends carbine and it looked like a flame thrower. Just could never think of a non hunting use for one

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Always thought I wanted one, but when I'd pick one up at the store they always felt like $99 guns. The bolts always seemed way loose. Fired a friends carbine and it looked like a flame thrower. Just could never think of a non hunting use for one
    In case of a Russian invasion of course !

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Some years ago, people would "sporterize" them into cheap hunting rifles. Different stock, scope and some decent ammo.

The 7.62x54R is actually a very decent cartridge. Pretty close the ballistics of a 30-06.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!

Tell me about it! ;)

Capture1.PNG

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    They kill nazis pert good

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    A few years back I was shown a picture of a Quonset Hut type of building in Kazakhstan where the floor was 91/30s laid out. I could not be sure they were 91/30s, but it looked to be.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The rifles are crude compared to some other manufacturers of rifles of the same era, and they were a bit clunky, but they were solid and reliable, and even decently accurate rifles.

I don't know for a fact, but IIRC the only difference between the regular service rifle and and the sniper rifles, were test firing and mounting a scope.

Top Bottom