Working wrists and hearing are overrated anyways....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miami_JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2024
    FL
    Buddy "lent" it to me. By "lent", it really is just an extended payment plan like Rent-A-Center. You take possession of it, and just pay it off.
    biggrin.gif

20240707_141346_jpg-3260847.JPG

A factory quad-ported, pre-lock Model 629-5 Mountain Gun in .44 Magnum.

My buddy is a fan of .44 Magnum, but he told me that the Moutain Gun is too much gun even for him. Well, I'm stupid, so I figured what the heck. I'll give this blaster a new home. Been wanting a 4" .44 Mag as a carry piece and the Moutain Gun is just right. Especially since I'll basically pull an Inspector Harry Callahan and shoot .44 Specials out of it.

I like the Mountain Gun since I basically see it as a Model 624 that can safely chamber and shoot .44 Magnum.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Buddy "lent" it to me. By "lent", it really is just an extended payment plan like Rent-A-Center. You take possession of it, and just pay it off.
    biggrin.gif

20240707_141346_jpg-3260847.JPG

A factory quad-ported, pre-lock Model 629-5 Mountain Gun in .44 Magnum.

My buddy is a fan of .44 Magnum, but he told me that the Moutain Gun is too much gun even for him. Well, I'm stupid, so I figured what the heck. I'll give this blaster a new home. Been wanting a 4" .44 Mag as a carry piece and the Moutain Gun is just right. Especially since I'll basically pull an Inspector Harry Callahan and shoot .44 Specials out of it.

I like the Mountain Gun since I basically see it as a Model 624 that can safely chamber and shoot .44 Magnum.
    Now do 3”
    IMG_8683.jpeg
    IMG_8684.jpeg

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    She's a beauty! Nice find. Would like range report on porting and how much it helps muzzle flip.

I had a customer come in to the range who was a retired LA cop during the Rodeny King Riots. His friend/ shooting buddy passed and his widow had him clear-out his collection. He brought in some very cool old firearms to verify function and sight-in, but also a ton of his buddy's spicy handloads. He had shoebox of .44 mag lead rounds that he just wanted to keep the brass, so he had me help him get rid of piles of .44 rounds. I shot them for few hours, wasn't that bad. I'd go back and forth between pistol and lever rifle so barrel could cool a bit. Was a good day....now I look for a .44 mag pistol when I see them.

Top Bottom