Gun Zone Deals

Wolff trigger springs for 77/22 & 10/22.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeauxLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2022
    San Antonio
    Have you ever installed them and if so did you measure the weight difference before and after?
    Just ordered a couple packs for both. Hoping to get the 77/22 useful as a backup benchrest gun. Stock trigger is a brick. 10/22, just because.
    Lynx Defense

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Several Ruger .22s, and center fires of all types, that I've built, had trigger pulls under 1lb., and I always used stock springs.
    You need to due more work on sears, and sear notches.
    Have seen some factory cuts that noticeably cause the hammer to cock further back during trigger movement.
    By paying close attention in this area when honing, most can be eliminated.
    There should be some camming of the hammer back during trigger movement for safety, but I keep it low, like .001".

But it takes being able to build honing jigs, and jigs to use dial indicators to see what the hammer is really doing as the sear moves.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I produced a dozen or so sub 3lb triggers on 10/22s just working the hammer and nothing else. I don't even use a jig or anything fancy. I've ruined only one by being too aggressive so you do risk that. I have a few at 2lb 2oz but that's as low as I'll go. Just unnecessary to go lower for a plinker. Even at 2.25 they can double off pretty easily. These were all on the post 06' plastic trigger guard models. The early generation aluminum houses trigger take much more finesse.

I've also played around with various springs but they usually came with reliability issues. You don't need them for the 10/22.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I installed a Volquartsen hammer in my 10/22 in 2014. I didn't have a gauge at the time to measure the trigger pull. Now that I have the Lyman gauge, it measured at 1½ lbs.the other day before I installed the binary trigger. Now it's back up some to 3½ lbs. I didn't use any light springs to get it to 1½ lbs., just the VQ hammer.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I've added those springs to at least 3 Ruger single action revolvers.
    It's been awhile but I always recalled a smoother better trigger and never had a light hammer strike misfire on any of them

Top Bottom