ARJ Defense ad

With the current ammo shortage, do you find yourself buying guns to fit your ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    With the current ammo shortage, do you find yourself buying guns to fit your am

I've expanded my calibers. Mostly just got some stuff I'd been wanting.

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    No, but I have passed on several I probably would have picked up if not for the ammo crunch. I would just hate for it to sit while I waited for things to get back to normal.

Barely shooting the ones I have now.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    My buying habits haven't changed. I reload for everything I shoot, including 7.62x54R for my Mosin-Nagant. In fact I purchased two 1911s, a Glock 19, and a Kahr CW9 since April 1st.

Angeleyes

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    running out of 308 guess ill stop shooting it until all my steel ammo is gone but i have plenty of pistol rounds

Itac G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    San Antonio
    I went old school bought a pellet rifle with 3x9x40 scope and hand gun to plink around with targets since ammo is tough to find at regular prices till things get back to normal. No shortage pellets or bb.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Yes. I have been looking at Comblock calibers that I never thought I would buy. Although the premise that gun control has been grumbling underground since the Kenyan took office, Newtown has pushed it over the edge. I have bought "standard" mags for guns I don't have and am actively looking for ammo deals to start to hoard.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Re: With the current ammo shortage, do you find yourself buying guns

No but before the shortage, I did buy a 45 acp ria after getting a bunch of 45 at a good price :) so I have bought pistols I wanted to suit "available ammo"

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Never done that in the past, although I have bought some guns because I didn't want to add another caliber to the ammo stockpile.

Having said that, thanks for giving me another excuse to use on the S.O. to buy ANOTHER gun :)

"Sweetie, I know you just spent $1000 at Vera Bradley, but I really need this 1911 because .45 is easier to find now than 9 mm".

What do you think??? Will it work????

Last edited:

DocD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    I have bought more guns lately. Sadly I just can't afford to shoot them. I find myself watching with envy these guys on "Gun shows" talking about doing this test or that shooting exercise and I'm thinking uhhhh I don't even have the money for that. Sad.

TattooedGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I have found the ammo shortage to no longer be a thing. I've been able to find all the ammo I've been looking for, and have made it a point to start stocking up again, just in case.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom