Military Camp

With 2ndA supporters like this, who needs the ATF?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    SKU105113%20(1).JPG
    Target Sports

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Agree to disagree and NO I am not playing God-Those small percentage guys you mention who committed a violent firearm related felony, fought for and earned the privilege of losing their right to possess or own a firearm.
    First of all, I'm pretty sure that not all felonies involve firearms. Are those that commit a felony, say with a car, not allowed to be near a car? I'm a "let the punishment fit the crime" kinda guy. If you believe a person is reformed not to commit a crime upon release, then why would you believe that if they have a gun they would then turn to crime? Is it that you believe guns are evil? Not only that, if they are intent on shooting someone, what would stop them from obtaining a gun illegally.

Either you believe they can be reformed, or you believe they can't, in which case, why would they be released?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Agree to disagree and NO I am not playing God-Those small percentage guys you mention who committed a violent firearm related felony, fought for and earned the privilege of losing their right to possess or own a firearm.
    My thought is if they have been rehabitated to the point they can be trusted in free society, they should have the rights of a free citizen. I am perfectly OK with capitol punishment being expanded to cover many felony offenses, but there is no reason to forever remove rights protected by the constitution for someone who served their time. I am hardly dogmatic on the issue, but it seems to align with my attitude of "no buts" regarding the Second amendment.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth
    Browsing the Dallas Pravda on the shitter, saw this alleged letter to the editor:

Chipman needs their votes
    As a proud gun owner, military veteran (?) and Second Amendment advocate, I support David Chipman’s nomination as next director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Howard Vestal, a liberal tool living in Dallas

Fixed it.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    First of all, I'm pretty sure that not all felonies involve firearms. Are those that commit a felony, say with a car, not allowed to be near a car? I'm a "let the punishment fit the crime" kinda guy. If you believe a person is reformed not to commit a crime upon release, then why would you believe that if they have a gun they would then turn to crime? Is it that you believe guns are evil? Not only that, if they are intent on shooting someone, what would stop them from obtaining a gun illegally.

Either you believe they can be reformed, or you believe they can't, in which case, why would they be released?
    PLEASE read, I clearly stated FIREARM related VIOLENT offenses. Your remark about cars is strange.
    I and the FBI know that a huge proportion of violent offenders repeat. Yes they should forfeit their right to own firearms forever. The death penalty in the USA is a joke, used as a bargaining point for lawyers.
    I do NOT believe that our current criminal "justice" system reforms, it merely punishes. Yes criminals will get guns, so add another 10 years to whatever sentence they earned the second time around for illegally obtaining and using a firearm in a crime AGAIN.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Browsing the Dallas Pravda on the shitter, saw this alleged letter to the editor:

As a proud gun owner, military veteran and Second Amendment advocate, I support David Chipman’s nomination as next director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Chipman, also a gun owner, is a retired, 25-year ATF special agent and explosives expert who led investigations into the 1993 World Trade Center and 1995 Oklahoma City bombings, as well as the investigation of racially-motivated arson attacks against Alabama churches that successfully led to prosecution. He is a gun safety expert who also has served as a consultant to the Giffords’ Gun Owners for Gun Safety group since his ATF retirement. Senate approval of his nomination would give the bureau its first director in six years, thus filling a leadership void that has long-weakened the ATF’s law enforcement capability.

Most important, unlike Sens. John Cornyn and Ted Cruz, Chipman does not take orders from the National Rifle Association. Instead, he vigorously supports common sense gun laws that will reduce gun violence — including background checks for all gun sales.

If you, too, would like to see our elected leaders reverse the course of rising gun violence in our state and nation, ask them now to take this first small step to protect us and our Second Amendment rights by voting for Chipman’s appointment.

Howard Vestal, Dallas

Faaaaaakkkkkeeeeee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX

As a proud gun owner, military veteran and Second Amendment advocate, I support David Chipman’s nomination as next director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Chipman, also a gun owner, is a retired, 25-year ATF special agent and explosives expert who led investigations into the 1993 World Trade Center and 1995 Oklahoma City bombings, as well as the investigation of racially-motivated arson attacks against Alabama churches that successfully led to prosecution. He is a gun safety expert who also has served as a consultant to the Giffords’ Gun Owners for Gun Safety group since his ATF retirement. Senate approval of his nomination would give the bureau its first director in six years, thus filling a leadership void that has long-weakened the ATF’s law enforcement capability.

Most important, unlike Sens. John Cornyn and Ted Cruz, Chipman does not take orders from the National Rifle Association. Instead, he vigorously supports common sense gun laws that will reduce gun violence — including background checks for all gun sales.

If you, too, would like to see our elected leaders reverse the course of rising gun violence in our state and nation, ask them now to take this first small step to protect us and our Second Amendment rights by voting for Chipman’s appointment.

Howard Vestal, Dallas
    If they stopped letting violent criminals go free the gun crime would drop. Sounds like Howard is another media-fed idiot.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX

Howard Vestal, Dallas

I will bet this guy is a member of one of those fake gun groups who only exist during election cycles.

Cob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2021
    Midland texas
    Well either Howard is lying or has lost possession of his last two brain cells on this issue. Or his IQ and shoe size equal a negative number

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    This Howard guy is lying, he’s not a second supporter he’s just another liberal lying his ass off to try to get another authoritarian in place.

Well either Howard is lying or has lost possession of his last two brain cells on this issue. Or his IQ and shoe size equal a negative number
    Honestly, I don't think he's lying in the least. Surprisingly there are liberal gun owners, and they believe this crap. They totally believe in the 2nd Amendment, and then have to add in a but, or and to the discussion, as though the 2nd Amendment means things it never was meant to mean.

Factor in the FUDD's who say they support the 2nd Amendment, as it applies to hunting, and on one has any need for certain types of guns, like AR's, or AK's, or shotgun that hold more than two shells.

If you participated in a gun forum that is national or global rather than just one mainly focused within one state, you would see that they are out there is greater numbers than many would think. They are very much like Howard.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Honestly, I don't think he's lying in the least. Surprisingly there are liberal gun owners, and they believe this crap. They totally believe in the 2nd Amendment, and then have to add in a but, or and to the discussion, as though the 2nd Amendment means things it never was meant to mean.

Factor in the FUDD's who say they support the 2nd Amendment, as it applies to hunting, and on one has any need for certain types of guns, like AR's, or AK's, or shotgun that hold more than two shells.

If you participated in a gun forum that is national or global rather than just one mainly focused within one state, you would see that they are out there is greater numbers than many would think. They are very much like Howard.
    I actually see more of them in community blog forums rather than gun sites.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom