• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I have been keeping my Winchester 1300 stoked with 00 Buck for years, when not in the field helping me lighten the load on those delicious Doves. Though it was not the perfect home defense weapon, it has sufficed for many a year. I had initially thought about cutting the barrel to the legal limit here in Texas, but decided against it, ruining a great hunting weapon. I decided to look for a replacement barrel but the cheapest I found was $200 plus freight. There was also the tubular magazine issue of only 3+1. Yesterday I changed all my confusion of what to do. I walked into a small gunstore, looking for a set of 380 dies for my Dillon Square Deal B, and sitting in the used gun rack was a Defender. Now I am not one who usually buys used guns, but this one looked like it just came out of the box. I cycled the action and it was every bit as smooth as my 1300. I took the barrel off and checked it for any problems as well as checking the magazine for proper function. The gun shop owner handed me a brass case that holds only a primer and I took it outside to check the firing pin. It worked perfectly and shucked the case out without any problems. I offered him, in cash $75 less than was on the tag and he even threw in a box of RIO 00 Buck. I loaded it and put it in the trunk. I am going to put the 1300 back in the gunsafe and stand this Defender in the corner of my closet to....well do as it is named. Defend me and my family from zombies of course!!
    To the left of the gun was a new tricked out Mossberg for $50 less, and to the right an 870, again new for $150 more. I picked up the Winchester and told him I wanted this one. He said, and I quote "You Winchester guys are definately loyal to your brand". Little did he know just how true he was. I now have 6 Winchester firearms and love them all.

tex45acp
    ARJ Defense ad

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I prefer Winchester pump guns to all others. I have a Defender I bought new in about 1982. It has at least 5,000 rounds through it. I have a Ranger 120 that is everybit as good. My only problem with them is barrels are getting scarce and pricey.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Here it is with another of my Winchesters...also a 1300
    Winchester1300004.jpg

Top Bottom