• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    A while back I picked up an Sig M17/320 as I like military firearms and guns in general. Overall I was not impressed with it, and think the Military could have done better. Oddly the Military M17 and civilian M17 have some differences and have had a number of changes to each.

Decided to buy a Wilson Combat grip module as it seemed to have more features vs what I find a bland grip/frame, and it’s simple to swap the trigger chassis. The Wilson is a nice upgraded to me. I bought what was listed as a Tan grip, but it’s more FDE. Anyone else have one? Was yours Tan or FDE? If Tan when did you get it? How do you like it?

Did this unboxing video and have some comparisons for the 50 shades of FDE/Tan…

Guns International

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I can't speak to your grip, but there are a few companies that play fast and loose with what is and isn't tan or FDE.

Years ago i had a conversation with a companies social media rep, and they explained that they don't bother trying to match tan/fde parts because people like the "SCAR's 50 shades of FDE look".

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I can't speak to your grip, but there are a few companies that play fast and loose with what is and isn't tan or FDE.

Years ago i had a conversation with a companies social media rep, and they explained that they don't bother trying to match tan/fde parts because people like the "SCAR's 50 shades of FDE look".

I do find it odd that trying to go with military contracts/bids, that there is no standard color like with OD Green, Woodland, Multicam, OCP. The Marines seem to have Coyote Brown done to a standard, same for Desert Sand. Flat Dark Earth just needs a standard I feel, as it’s not tan.

GennadiyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    A while back I picked up an Sig M17/320 as I like military firearms and guns in general. Overall I was not impressed with it, and think the Military could have done better. Oddly the Military M17 and civilian M17 have some differences and have had a number of changes to each.

Decided to buy a Wilson Combat grip module as it seemed to have more features vs what I find a bland grip/frame, and it’s simple to swap the trigger chassis. The Wilson is a nice upgraded to me. I bought what was listed as a Tan grip, but it’s more FDE. Anyone else have one? Was yours Tan or FDE? If Tan when did you get it? How do you like it?

Did this unboxing video and have some comparisons for the 50 shades of FDE/Tan…

I had a similar experience with the 320, never thought I would actually prefer a beretta over a Sig but i do miss my beretta as my assigned carry.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I had a similar experience with the 320, never thought I would actually prefer a beretta over an Sig but i do miss my beretta as my assigned carry.
    Yes, the P320 was a let down. The P220, P226, P365, etc I like.

I like the Beretta, have a few. The M9A4 is great. Carried a M9 on and off for over 20 years with no real issues.

The Glock, Beretta, S&W and STI/Detonics pistols seemed so much better for the Military. I get why Detonics did not get picked due cost and became Staccato. Glock and S&W probably had the best polymer guns.

Top Bottom