• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Infidel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    Dallas
    I've been debating about sending my old 870 in for the ghost ring sights and getting it coated by Wilson Combat for sometime. It's around $475 or so to have this done, but I didn't know if it was worth it or if anyone has done this. I'd love to send my 870 to someone local, and I figured this would be the best place to find someone. If anyone knows of anyone in the DFW area that does this, I'd really appriciate it.
    DK Firearms

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    If all you need is the sights and refinish, that should come in under $300 from Wilson... I had a price sheet somewhere, but can't find it now. The $475 deal is for the full rebuild to replace worn parts or other upgrades. If your 870 is an old 2.75" chambered police trade in that has nothing but a good barrel and receiver, you want to get the full rebuild where they replace parts, upgrade to a 3" chamber, swap stocks, etc. Otherwise, you're probably paying for a bunch of work they aren't going to do. Personally, I've never felt the need to shoot 3" shells from my 30+ year old 870 Wingmaster police trade-in.

I'm sure you can find someone local to do the work. The sights are just a drill & tap for the rear, while the front should be pinned through the bead base... basic gunsmithing. There are people all over doing the bake-on refinishing or parkerizing, if the gunsmith that does the sights doesn't refinish, then I have no doubt he can recommend someone local that can.

Wilson makes great guns, but I wouldn't pay the premium (and wait) to just have these little items taken care of.

Good luck!
    -Randy

Top Bottom