• ...and so much more!
  • BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Because he fundamentally is going on feelings vs principle. Reference his position on abortion.
    Everyone does things based on how they feel. West feels abortion is wrong. He said so and he said he wants to drive it out of Texas. He FEELS like that's the right thing to do.
    Target Sports

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Everyone does things based on how they feel. West feels abortion is wrong. He said so and he said he wants to drive it out of Texas. He FEELS like that's the right thing to do.
    But he's not principled enough to say that a child is a child and worth defending even if it's a rape situation. If you look at the links I've provided above, it's abundantly clear he's a "butter" on that issue. We don't need butters.

rogerdmillerco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    My wife and I have talked about it but what turns us off about Governor Abbott was when he forced businesses to close, and his stay at home orders. It might have been he was trying to save lives but in many peoples opinion it was wrong and illegal. If anything he should have made it voluntary. I also think (no proof) that Abbott only rushed the recent gun laws through and the law forcing trannies to only be allowed to play sports as their birth gender to get votes.

That said, all of those laws are good things, but IMO, politically motivated. The job killings just won't go away for me. So, we are voting for Colonel West, as he, imo also, is a walking, talking, constitution. I hope he wins, but in reality it could go bad for him. They already falsely arrested his wife for dui when she had not been drinking.

This is what scum does to political opponents when they are terrified of them. And of course we know Dallas is a leftist crap hole.

So, that's my story, hope I haven't upset anyone.
    I think the new abortion law is entirely too restrictive and his "executive directives" preventing localities from doing what they believe is in their best interest is excessive. He is just trying to "out Desantis" Desantis.

Paison

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Austin
    My wife and I have talked about it but what turns us off about Governor Abbott was when he forced businesses to close, and his stay at home orders. It might have been he was trying to save lives but in many peoples opinion it was wrong and illegal. If anything he should have made it voluntary. I also think (no proof) that Abbott only rushed the recent gun laws through and the law forcing trannies to only be allowed to play sports as their birth gender to get votes.

That said, all of those laws are good things, but IMO, politically motivated. The job killings just won't go away for me. So, we are voting for Colonel West, as he, imo also, is a walking, talking, constitution. I hope he wins, but in reality it could go bad for him. They already falsely arrested his wife for dui when she had not been drinking.

This is what scum does to political opponents when they are terrified of them. And of course we know Dallas is a leftist crap hole.

So, that's my story, hope I haven't upset anyone.
    Absolutely voting for him….the alternatives could move Texas to blue which is what all the people moving here from blue states want…for some crazy reason. I like Texas to be strong ….
    the Mayor of Austin went to LA to see how they did things, homeless issues, etc….imagine going to LA for advice!

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I think the new abortion law is entirely too restrictive and his "executive directives" preventing localities from doing what they believe is in their best interest is excessive. He is just trying to "out Desantis" Desantis.
    I'd argue it was a pathetic excuse of a law...

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Have you read the new law? It doesn't stop abortion at all. There are zero penalties for the woman getting an abortion, and no criminal penalties for those providing it. It provides an avenue for civil suit against others involved - NOT the woman seeking the service - in cases where a fetal heartbeat is detected.

To actually file such a suit - the plaintiff would need access to the medical records of the patient, and they would need to know *who* the individuals involved in the procedure were. Tell me there is any medical clinic willing to divulge patient information or staff information without a warrant and I'll sell you my ocean front property in Abilene. In order to bring a successful suit under the law, you basically need to be one of the involved persons in the clinic, or the person seeking the service, or that person needs to spill a LOT of details to an uninvolved party, and the women I know who have had such procedures don't like to talk about them.

Further, there is language in the law stating that it explicitly shall not go against established federal law. Abortion, unfortuantely, is still legal and until the SCOTUS reverses Roe V. Wade, or we get a constitutional amendment banning abortion, it shall remain so.

It was at best a feel-good law, and Abbott wasn't the one who authored it or pushed for it. He just signed it into law.

The flip side of your "locals know best" is that those localities are being prohibited from enacting laws or rules that infringe unnecessarily upon the rights of the people. There is NOTHING stopping individual businesses from imposing their own masking mandates and telling maskless people to leave or face trespass. The mechanism to enforce that has been in the law long before COVID was even a glimmer in Faucci's eye.

capoward

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    China Spring, TX
    For those of you who lost a business during this Covid-19 BS…”I’m sorry for your loss.”

With regards to voting for Abbott vs “Beto” in the general - take a look at California and what happened to it after the communists took over the governorship and legislature.

Flags and signs with “Don’t Californicate My Texas” is exactly what you’ll do by not voting Republican for all offices in the general election.

Why do I say this? Very simple. I moved to California from Kansas at age 21 for a federal law enforcement position in 1970. During California’s dot-com boon years there was an ongoing influx of potential students and workers from the metro Great Lakes cities, the metro NYC area, and New Jersey area, as well as foreign students from Asian countries but primarily China.

By the late 1990’s California had moved from Red to Purple to solid blue in its major cities. Virtually all non-major Metropolitan Statistical area continue to vote primary republican for all elected positions except for those “few really good democrats“. Look at the decimation of the Central Vally farming communities under the Obama/Brown administrations to determine how that worked out for these communitie.

The Californification of Texas and its economic lifelines are what we all are facing if democrats get our governorship and other National and statewide office position.

Unless your are a communist democrat, there are no other states to move to.

PS…. Look at today’s Australia if you want to see what the USA faces if the communist democrats win.

PSS…. Yes we need to get rid of RINOs, but I held my nose and voted for Cornyn because I will not support the communist democrats by not voting republican.

That’s my to cents on voting, or not voting, for Abbott in the general…

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    For those of you who lost a business during this Covid-19 BS…”I’m sorry for your loss.”

With regards to voting for Abbott vs “Beto” in the general - take a look at California and what happened to it after the communists took over the governorship and legislature.

Flags and signs with “Don’t Californicate My Texas” is exactly what you’ll do by not voting Republican for all offices in the general election.

Why do I say this? Very simple. I moved to California from Kansas at age 21 for a federal law enforcement position in 1970. During California’s dot-com boon years there was an ongoing influx of potential students and workers from the metro Great Lakes cities, the metro NYC area, and New Jersey area, as well as foreign students from Asian countries but primarily China.

By the late 1990’s California had moved from Red to Purple to solid blue in its major cities. Virtually all non-major Metropolitan Statistical area continue to vote primary republican for all elected positions except for those “few really good democrats“. Look at the decimation of the Central Vally farming communities under the Obama/Brown administrations to determine how that worked out for these communitie.

The Californification of Texas and its economic lifelines are what we all are facing if democrats get our governorship and other National and statewide office position.

PS…. Look at today’s Australia if you want to see what the USA faces if the communist democrats win.

PSS…. Yes we need to get rid of RINOs, but I held my nose and voted for Cornyn because I will not support the communist democrats by not voting republican.

Welcome to TGT.

Please stop over in the Intro Section and say hello.

Also, great post and sentiments.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Spoken by someone who did not lose everything due to the republican’s covid lottery on what business’ could stay open.
    Get stuffed with your “sorry for your loss”

capoward

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    China Spring, TX
    No I didn’t lose my business but my brother almost went under (Missouri), my oldest son (Oregon), two of my three daughters (California). And I have friends that did lose everything (California), Oregon, and Washington. Only difference is that they all are pissed at China and their local politicians.

So stay pissed at Abbott as long as you want, that’s your right.
    Don’t vote in the general, that’s your right.
    Vote democrats in the general, that’s your right.
    Vote republicans in the general, that’s your right.

Gave a nice day, or not…that’s also your right…

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I had no idea of the massive amount of GOP at any cost bootlickers that were here. Just amazing.

I did not lose under the rice rabies plandemic bullshit. Did pretty good in fact. I do know folks that were decimated here in Texas and they will be voting for someone other than Abbot in the primary.

If it is abbot in the general, they have said they will either vote libertarian or not vote at all as they can not in good conscience vote for the man that was at the helm of their financial ruination. I do not blame them or hold it against them at all.

Top Bottom