• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    First off, has anyone tried to get a Form 1 signed by the Helotes Police Chief?

That city has recently extended its ETJ, or extraterritorial jurisdiction, to include our neighborhood; does that make the Helotes PD chief a possible CLEO for me?

Just wonder what the Fed's definition of CLEO is in regards to extraterritorial jurisdictions. This is all an initial search uncovered...

As provided by regulations, certifications by the local chief of police, sheriff of the county, head of the State police, or State or local district attorney or prosecutor are acceptable. The regulations also provide that certifications of other officials are appropriate if found in a particular case to be acceptable to the Director. Examples of other officials who have been accepted in specific situations include State attorneys general and judges of State courts having authority to conduct jury trials in felony cases. [27 CFR 479.63 and 479.85]

Cheers! M2
    Gun Zone Deals

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    The call to the PD that I told you about indicates they refer to Bexar sheriff. I did not get the officer's name and I hope it was a simple matter of misinformation.

In the other hand, jack quipp at Helotes Tactical said the Helotes PD has done it in the past.

Top Bottom