Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Update:
    Bought the TP Link AC1200 Mesh Wifi at Sam's about a month ago
    Easy install.
    The family was all here over the weekend (6 adults, 6 kids). Multiple people were watching tv, doing computer work, using Wi-Fi in various forms and it worked great - even in the out-buildings.
    I got multiple kudos on the way it worked.
    Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.
    Lynx Defense

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Update:
    Bought the TP Link AC1200 Mesh Wifi at Sam's about a month ago
    Easy install.
    The family was all here over the weekend (6 adults, 6 kids). Multiple people were watching tv, doing computer work, using Wi-Fi in various forms and it worked great - even in the out-buildings.
    I got multiple kudos on the way it worked.
    Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.
    Yup, never had a problem with mine and bought one for my daughter too. They just work.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    50 yards is a good distance. I wouldn't try solving it with typical residential wireless solutions, honestly. Reason being, they are configured to operate within a specific envelope that is more typical for the size of a home. Without getting into the technical details, a lot of it boils down to the expected amount of time it takes for data to fly between your devices. Even when covering a 11k ft. home (not mine), I don't install residential wifi systems because they tend to be unreliable.

If you have the option, I'd run a CAT5 cable between your buildings.

I have a mesh system in the house (it’s a long house with some interior rock walls). We have a steel building about 100 feet away with finished interior. After trying other options I ran a CAT6 cable and it solved the problem. I have a cheap router inside (2400 sq ft) and get a strong signal all through the building. A steel building is basically a Faraday cage. I even have a cheap cell booster as previously you would close the personnel door and cell signal would drop off completely.

Top Bottom