• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I know a lot of people will disagree with my carry gun.....

While I may give someone ribbin' on a gun, ain't gonna hardly ever seriously disagree with their personal choice - what I may like may work for ME, not so much for someone else, either from personal preference or budget considerations. The only "wrong" gun to carry is NONE.
    Lynx Defense

Thermal Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Dallas
    FPP777, I'm sure you see it looks a little suspicious when someone asks this type of question because the posts are mostly anonymous. We can all see a segment on the news about crazy right wing gun owners in Texas where most of the info comes from "an anonymous source close to many gun owners".

However, this is a great topic and one that could actually be a good campaign for carrying. I see carrying as an insurance policy. You hope you never have to use it, but if there ever comes a time when you need it, you are really glad you have it. I also see the issue of carrying as you are on one side of the fence of the other. You will let someone else determine if you live or die, or you will do everything in your power to protect yourself and everything that is important to you.

thack1963

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    Like I explained to my grandmother the other day, if I knew where I was going to need a gun, I wouldn't go there.

One of the best answers I have seen to this question. I take the class this weekend. My wife will not be far behind, she has only been to the range twice, but is learning fast. I keep reinforcing safety rules and have had her read the book from the Texas CHL site.

24DONE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2012
    kerr
    TRN-The only "wrong" gun to carry is NONE.,
    I've found that a lot of folks won't carry all the time is due to the size and weight of their choice of weapon.
    Don't get me wrong I'de carry a rifle if I knew I was getting into a gunfight. So 5 rounds of 357 in the lightest gun is my choice.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Reasons I carry.

1) The option to use my gun if needed to defend myself from tyranny that threatens my life.

2) Practice. I'm in the practice of carrying a gun. If I only carried when I thought I needed to I'd be behind the curve on how to carry. Carry all the time and you'll figure out what works for you.

3) A right not exercised is lost. The freedom to carry here in Texas was gained on the blood and tears of many good folks. I owe it to them.

FPP777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Keller
    I'd be interested in looking at it too. I'm on the South side of Ft Worth and go through Keller often enough.

I will take some pictures and PM them to you first. I am going digging for the original case. It's somewhere in the house.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    No one likes me as much as me! As much as we admire the men in blue, we must succumb to the laws of physics and realize they can't be everywhere all the time.

Do you wear a seatbelt? Why? Do you decided "Today is the day I want to get into a major accident!" and wear your seatbelt on that day, or do you wear it all the time?

Another question that might apply: Do you play the lottery? Your chances of winning are less than one in several million, yet people still pay good money to play the lottery. Your chances of being a victim of a violent crime are about one in ten thousand. Why wouldn't you carry?

FPP777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Keller
    Thanks again for all the feedback. You truly convinced me that cc is something I want to do. I will start the process of CHL in the near future.

FPP777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Keller
    Went to Shoot Smart today. Very nice place. Spoke to Jeff the CHL instructor. Nice guy. I will be going back there for CHL and maybe some additional instruction.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Went to Shoot Smart today. Very nice place. Spoke to Jeff the CHL instructor. Nice guy. I will be going back there for CHL and maybe some additional instruction.

Good deal. I took my renewal there about a year ago. A good place to shoot.

Top Bottom