Join TexasGunTalk

Why "Not" 40 Caliber?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Charlie, Feb 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackmars

zackmars Well-Known

Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

Cool 1000 plus page doc bro.

Since it won't let me actually copy paste it, here's the gist

We can use JHP's unless another nation prohibits it.

Glad that's sorted

2. cycleguy2300

cycleguy2300 Active Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Obviously the 45, but you are looking at on shot. But more slightly smaller holes is MUCH more more likely to stop what ever is being shot at. Follow up shots matter no matter the handgun caliber....

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

zackmars likes this.
  3. zackmars

zackmars Well-Known

Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Do i have to explain every little thing to you?

If you took that emp 40, and converted it to 9mm, would it hold the same amount of ammo? No, it would hold more.

If you convert a glock 22 to 9mm, would it hold the same amount of ammo? No it would hold more.

If you put a round of 9mm next to a roumd of .40, are they the same size? No, 9mm is smaller.

I was giving you just a little credit in assuming you understood that in any given space, 9mm gives you more room to work with.

4. satx78247

satx78247 TGT Addict

Jun 23, 2014
    zackmars,

In other words, you have NOT read the DA Pam & thus do NOT know what it says.
    (The DA Pam is available from the Superintendent of Documents in DC at "the cost of printing", IF you want to read it.)

Fyi, I once was a "black hat" at USAMPS & taught TLOW, as one of my "podium spots".
    (I also taught Search & seizure", Arrests & Apprehensions, as well as a number of other subjects on an "as needed" basis.)

yours, satx

5. zackmars

zackmars Well-Known

Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Anywho... "Large" pistol calibers saw a resurgence during the AWB. Had that whole thing not happened, we'd probably be yelling at each other about revolvers.

6. zackmars

zackmars Well-Known

Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    You can download it online, like i did.

As for everything else, good for you

7. BMF500

BMF500 Matthew 10:34 TGT Supporter

Aug 21, 2019
    Pattison
    Thanks for the read and the laughs!!:popcorn:

I love how these always start with a specific question and turn into Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge arguments, then someone throws Toyota in the fight...:cowboy:

Sam7sf likes this.
  8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their ass, if wishes were horses beggars would ride.

I'm talking about the real world, two guns I own and would be likely to carry. I'd probably carry the Kimber but for none of the reason you postulate. The EMP is friggin' heavy.

If we're arbitrarily coverting things let's just make them both 30 round carbines, now what? Hypothetical, not an invitation to discuss ballistics.

Last I have to say on the topic, you're so convinced your opinion is simply the only correct view, you can't allow that anyone can see something differently without being wrong.

I've done my best to convey a different perspective is not wrong because you've convinced yourself your view is the right and only view. To you more is better, to others bigger is better.

Just an example of how freedom can be messy. Good for you, stick to your convictions.

satx78247 likes this.
  9. candcallen

candcallen Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I was a chevy guy till government motors fiasco. All fords since then.

TheMailMan likes this.
  10. satx78247

satx78247 TGT Addict

Jun 23, 2014
    \

zackmars,

PITY that you "know NOT & know NOT that you know NOT". = IF you were even half as wise as you seem to think that you are, you would EXIT this forum, after apologizing to everyone for being SELF-important & insufferably arrogant.
    (Fyi, I attended & observed so many autopsies because the "veteran deputies" thought that it was FUNNY to send "the college kid" to postmortems, at every possible chance. - They didn't know & I didn't tell them that I essentially "grew up in" a city-county hospital, "picked up bodies" & drove both ambulances & hearses for CAVER BROTHER'S FUNERAL HOME.)

My HS girlfriend's mother promised she/I that IF we got married after HS that the funeral home would pay for both of us to go to embalmer's & funeral director's school, pay our way through college & GIVE us a funeral home in Lufkin, TX as a wedding gift. = Her mom left us alone at their apartment overnight on the weekends so often that I've since wondered if her mom hoped that I would get Mary Jane "in a family way" & speed up our marriage.
    ("MJ" married someone else & her mom DID give the couple a funeral home as their wedding present.)

yours, satx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.