DK Firearms

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It ain’t just doofuss hunters.
    At my gun club we’ve had idiots shoot the water well tank and the coke machine.
    Yes. The goddamm retards shot the coke machine. So the coke man took it away.
    Stupid assholes.
    You talking about Greenwood? Yeah it got where I wouldn't go alone & trust MOFO from stealing my shit if I went down range. I remember them adding security lights & cameras because the asshats were shooting everything up.

It was a really nice place when I joined, then they banned the .50BMG. Next was the idiots & range nazis. I think the Auxiliary Coast Guard was the final WTF moment form me. I actually had one of the guys I worked with (a mexican) get told he wasn't allowed. This was by a guy shooting his .375 H&H at 600 yards.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The place I worked many years ago had a subscription to the Parks & Wildlife magazines for every state that their pipeline ran through. Every year, Arkansas would publish the descriptions of all the hunting accidents in the state during the previous season. Some were pretty funny - one guy shot his green pickup truck because he thought it was a deer. Some were things that always make you nervous hunting around people who go through life without paying attention - like the guy who was in a duck blind at a commercial hunting lodge and wasn't careful with the trigger or safety, firing a shot and getting badly wounded. Some were just people falling out of tree stands and such. (Reminds me of a deer lease I went to near Del Rio back in my pipeline days. They had a blind they called the Cactus Blind because when they were building it, one of the guys slipped and fell into a huge cactus. They spent a long time out there with a pair of pliers pulling cactus needles out of him.)

By far the worst I ever heard of was when I was living in NY. A guy who lived just a few miles from me went out deer hunting with his son. In that region, they have to use a shotgun with a rifled slug, and they have to wear a lot of fluorescent orange - at least covering the chest and head. I heard "hunters" in the area talking about taking "sound shots" where they heard something coming through the brush and fired blindly at it. This guy and his son were separated but were both heading back to his truck. The man thought he saw a deer and shot, but it was his son. He rushed him to the hospital, but it was no use. The man went home, wrote a letter to his wife detailing what happened, then went in the back yard with his shotgun and ate a slug. The wife had been working all day and came home to find the note, then her husband. It was just incredibly sad. I hunted the regular season one time, and that was more than enough for me. Every idiot who could afford a 5 pack of shells went out and got in any patch of woods they could find. They parked in my front yard and hunted 10 feet from my back yard. I had to keep the dog locked in the house to keep her (a Golden) from getting shot. For the next two miserable years I was there, I hunted muzzleloader season. That was too much work for the boneheads.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    My Dad was a salesman for a company out of Houston and also their guide for the company hunting lease. He told me a story once about three customers from Chicago, big dollar customers, that wanted to come to Texas and kill a huge buck. When Dad picked them up from the airport, he said they were all dressed like models in the LL Bean catalog. They all had 300 Weatherby Magnums with the highest power Zeiss scopes you could buy. So then Dad asked if their guns were sighted in and at what range. They had never sent a round down range since they had just picked them up at the gunstore before the flight. So Dad sighted them in and had them each shoot 3 rounds to know where they hit, then showed them where to shoot the animal.
    So Dad takes them to the hunting lodge that had pictures of the cattle on the owners ranch and they all wanted to know where there were deer with more than two points. So dad broke out the book with all the available animals, since they had obviously never seen a whitetail deer. Depending on which they chose, Dad knew what blind to put them in. One guy however was hell bent to stalk his buck, so not wanting to upset these high dollar customers, Dad put him on a scendero that was known for seeing big bucks. At the end of this 500 yard scendero was a large boulder and Dad told him to walk on the left side down to the boulder and back to where he dropped him off. So this guy did just that, while whistling show tunes. Dad decided to follow him on the opposite side slightly behind him, and a little further back in the brush to keep him out of trouble or from getting lost. So the guy makes it to the the boulder and decided he needs to pee from all the whisky they had drank the night before. This is right in the middle of the rut, and while doing so, and very large trophy buck must have smelled the pee and came charging in from the brush. The buck had dropped hishead, was pawing the ground and snorting very loudly and the guy just freaked and stood still not knowing what to do. Just as the buck was about to charge the guy, my Dad shot him with his trusty 30-30.
    Well to end this story, by the time they got back to the lodge, this guy had concocted an elaborate story of how he had stalked and shot this buck. My dad gave up the guide duties after that hunt. Had his buddies checked his box of bullets, they would have realized he never fired off a round. Oh the other two also shot nice bucks from their stands.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I guess I've been lucky. Been peppered a few times by dove and Quail hunters. Usually just the steel rain from across a corn field you can hear coming cause its dying out.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My Dad was a salesman for a company out of Houston and also their guide for the company hunting lease. He told me a story once about three customers from Chicago, big dollar customers, that wanted to come to Texas and kill a huge buck. When Dad picked them up from the airport, he said they were all dressed like models in the LL Bean catalog. They all had 300 Weatherby Magnums with the highest power Zeiss scopes you could buy. So then Dad asked if their guns were sighted in and at what range. They had never sent a round down range since they had just picked them up at the gunstore before the flight. So Dad sighted them in and had them each shoot 3 rounds to know where they hit, then showed them where to shoot the animal.
    So Dad takes them to the hunting lodge that had pictures of the cattle on the owners ranch and they all wanted to know where there were deer with more than two points. So dad broke out the book with all the available animals, since they had obviously never seen a whitetail deer. Depending on which they chose, Dad knew what blind to put them in. One guy however was hell bent to stalk his buck, so not wanting to upset these high dollar customers, Dad put him on a scendero that was known for seeing big bucks. At the end of this 500 yard scendero was a large boulder and Dad told him to walk on the left side down to the boulder and back to where he dropped him off. So this guy did just that, while whistling show tunes. Dad decided to follow him on the opposite side slightly behind him, and a little further back in the brush to keep him out of trouble or from getting lost. So the guy makes it to the the boulder and decided he needs to pee from all the whisky they had drank the night before. This is right in the middle of the rut, and while doing so, and very large trophy buck must have smelled the pee and came charging in from the brush. The buck had dropped hishead, was pawing the ground and snorting very loudly and the guy just freaked and stood still not knowing what to do. Just as the buck was about to charge the guy, my Dad shot him with his trusty 30-30.
    Well to end this story, by the time they got back to the lodge, this guy had concocted an elaborate story of how he had stalked and shot this buck. My dad gave up the guide duties after that hunt. Had his buddies checked his box of bullets, they would have realized he never fired off a round. Oh the other two also shot nice bucks from their stands.
    I can understand the part about rifles not being sighted in, as unless it's changed since I have been in Texas there is no rifle hunting in Illinois. Some ass hat had to sell these guys the rifles & scope combination. Hard to believe a gunshop having 3 Weatherby magnums all the same in a state the does not allow rifle hunting. Then there is the Illinois FOID card. You can't buy ammo without the card nor a gun up there without. Hell by law you cannot leagally be inside a gunshop with out it. I seen clients first hand a father & son with the son looking like a Cabela's model. I guess the faux leopard hat band was to keep his head from looking fat, but Cabela's are pimps for the chicom.

The part about having never seen a whitetail is very hard for me to believe. Illinois has plenty big soy bean & corn fed whitetails. Matter of fact I freaked out over the bodysize of the typical Texas Whittail when I first moved here. Then I realized for the most part winters are very mild compared to what Illinois whitetail have to survive.

Human whiskey piss whistling show tunes charging bucks, "Come on man you know the thing?'

Top Bottom