• ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    1664208216092.jpeg

https://billingsgazette.com/news/st...7e1da577-c771-54c3-abe9-033bf7324d69.amp.html

New York “hunter” brought this llama to an elk check station as a cow elk.
    Military Camp

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    . So then Dad asked if their guns were sighted in and at what range. They had never sent a round down range since they had just picked them up at the gunstore before the flight. So Dad sighted them in and had them each shoot 3 rounds to know where they hit, then showed them where to shoot the animal.

My father encountered this issue constantly in the 20+ years of being a guide for the King Ranch.

He always carried his .270 in the hunting vehicle.
    He would let them use it after missing with theirs.
    He said it probably killed 300 deer.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I was checking out after duck hunting in Cali one morning when a dude brought in his "snow goose" for inspection. He was showing it proudly to everyone in the parking lot. That bastard was huge. He was all smiles until the warden told him it was a tundra swan and protected. Lost his license, gun, and more than a few dollars.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Landowners love help with their hogs at $200 per….
    Years ago when Ihad a bad hog problem, I allowed hunting and trapping for free. I stopped that when on group was just lookin for a place to hang ou an drink beer sll eekend. They were leaving me s huge mess to clean up ever week. The hogs were just rooting up ground.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    I can understand the part about rifles not being sighted in, as unless it's changed since I have been in Texas there is no rifle hunting in Illinois. Some ass hat had to sell these guys the rifles & scope combination. Hard to believe a gunshop having 3 Weatherby magnums all the same in a state the does not allow rifle hunting. Then there is the Illinois FOID card. You can't buy ammo without the card nor a gun up there without. Hell by law you cannot leagally be inside a gunshop with out it. I seen clients first hand a father & son with the son looking like a Cabela's model. I guess the faux leopard hat band was to keep his head from looking fat, but Cabela's are pimps for the chicom.

The part about having never seen a whitetail is very hard for me to believe. Illinois has plenty big soy bean & corn fed whitetails. Matter of fact I freaked out over the bodysize of the typical Texas Whittail when I first moved here. Then I realized for the most part winters are very mild compared to what Illinois whitetail have to survive.

Human whiskey piss whistling show tunes charging bucks, "Come on man you know the thing?'
    I don't believe they got the guns in Illinois, but Dads gone to that great deer lease in the sky so I cant confirm that. I agree on the part about not knowing what a whitetail looks like, but these guys, per my understanding, were city boys and the offer to have them hunt in Texas came from the owner of the business. I've actually known a couple of hunters that had to be shown what a whitetail was, that grew up in Dallas.....and that's in our state where hunting is a passage into adulthood. One thing I can say about my Dad.....is he was an honest man. He never said anything that he could not prove and most people that knew him agreed on that point.
    I have only read about the size of the Illinois bucks and would live to see one close up.....or better yet through the crosshairs of my .308.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    My theory? Poachers are assholes by nature, and since they're already dirty game thieves, being dirty vandals is no stretch for them. Poachers should be strung up by their finger nails.
    Yes and the Wheeler county sheriff will not prosecute with game camera evidence, he is a boys will be boys kinda guy.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom