• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norib

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2021
    Tomball
    I know all ammo is hard to find right now, but I cant seem to find it at all and it’s never in stock. 7.62 and 5.56 is expensive, but I never see 5.45 in stock anywhere.
    ARJ Defense ad

p230

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    There is no domestic producer of it as far as I know. Ukraine does make it but even if they could get it in the country they might be holding on to it for “domestic use” given the proximity of Russian forces.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I've seen it recently at Academy, $10 for a box of 20 rounds, Monarch (barnaul) brand. Everything else was empty.

The Academy I go to had tons of Monarch 20 round boxes. In fact it’s all they had left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    The Academy I go to had tons of Monarch 20 round boxes. In fact it’s all they had left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CodyK,

IF a person has an AR sporting rifle (I have NO AR rifles/carbines.), that availability might well be a GOOD reason to go get a barrel in that caliber.

That said, our family has MORE ammo, in the caliber firearms that we DO have, than we likely will ever shoot-up, short of an full-fledged REVOLUTION breaking out.
    (The Mountain Lair has an AMMO VAULT that is "piled to the ceiling" with the ammo that we have acquired over the last decade plus.)

FOR EXAMPLE, because "Elder Brother" (RICK) has a circa 1920s WCHMG in 7X57mm, he "cleaned out" a large sporting goods store (that was closing forever) of ALL of the surplus FMJ 7mm Mauser ammo that the store's warehouse held "for peanuts".

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom